• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pelican cases

ShortChangeHero

Yo-Yo master
Orange
I got a little bored this weekend and had a few Amazon points to burn so I decided to invest in a pelican case. This is my attempt to find a suitable (nuclear proof) case to store my watches. They are currently in a "invicta" watch case that has 8 slots. While the case in its self seems to do the job, I'm not convinced it will hold up over time. They have the right idea but it's not very good quality.
Anyways I was hoping you guys can give me pointers or even a better ideas to make this better. If you guys have pictures or current cases and the foam cut outs I would appreciate it. This is what I have so far...

Pelican case 1120 OD GREEN
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It came with the pluck foam and went all the way down (there is a thin foam piece at the bottom). I just crammed the cut outs into the band and stuck it back in the slot. I'm thinking of the size I can hopefully for another two watches in the remaining space. Any of you guys have suggestions or a possibly bigger case that would match the invicta case I would appreciate it.

I think you're on the right track if you're going for "nuclear proof". Pelican is the choice of many professionals who beat the living sh!t out of their equipment daily. I have several that I use for gun and magazine storage. Those locks make them waterproof also. Storage and safety = Pelican.
Now if you want "displayability"...NOT Pelican, for the very same reasons I mentioned above.
It's your call based on your requirements. I'm sure you can find larger display cases that are relatively secure.

Nice job with the pick & pluck too, by the way. ;)

@cyclerdoug thanks! I figured if their military application is trusted with millions of dollars of gear if would be suited for watches. I don't have a fancy display case (yet) so I wanted something more reliable and that I would be able to lock.

Latest Posts

Back