• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Condition

I don't have penny gaskets, I personally would order a complete rubber set from line gear and when they come in send everything to me and I will make them like new again
Will do! I'll order the parts and then I'll hip everything to you. Thanks!

My brother decided to buy a Penny last week, they just arrived and I gotta say they are quite cool. But since none of us has ever had an X-Metal (we used to see them in the store, but as soon as we saw the price tag we decided to just look at them and no touching) we are not sure of the condition of the frame. We will be sending them to the XMan in a few days for a tune up, but there are some other things that we ain't sure if it can be fixed or not, so if you could helps is out, it be great. Any comments about it will be greatly appreciated.

Ground questions:
Since the serial is in the low 1000s we are guessing this is a first gen correct?
Are the little holes in the pictures normal? Can and should we get them fixed?
You can see the rubber in the right orbital is pretty much gone, do the XMan fix this?

Thank you so much for the help.
Ps. No box included but they did send the penny coin and a extra Juliet coin (old model)

View attachment 273989

View attachment 273990

View attachment 273991

View attachment 273992

View attachment 273993

View attachment 273994

View attachment 273995

Hmmm looking at the back of the rivets loks like someone did a horrible job of trying to fix it.

Back