• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PENNY Hinge Screws/..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
va2aheda.jpg

right is the penny hinge screw, middle is the juliet hinge screw, and left is a orbital screw.

it is about 2mm longer than the juliet hinge screw. also, it has the same head as a orbital screw, and the top section (the orbital screw's length) is unthreaded. the thread at the bottom is same as on the juliet screw.

anyone?

nice pics bri

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
mcmaster-carr or fastenal ill look also,i would like to keep these on hand for future repairs,but i need dimentions

I don't have calipers with me or I'd just measure them. I don't think McMaster lists anything like this, I've looked before, but if you call, they may be able to find some

Username Hidden said:
I don't have calipers with me or I'd just measure them. I don't think McMaster lists anything like this, I've looked before, but if you call, they may be able to find some

i dont have calipers too - left all my tools in Australia. =(

heres how it works...some company made these for oakley,question is how do we find that company?
we need an insider at headquarters.....a spy if you will.i would like to look at having someone make these so i can use new screws in all rebuilds.this will be my new quest.

Username Hidden said:
heres how it works...some company made these for oakley,question is how do we find that company?
we need an insider at headquarters.....a spy if you will.i would like to look at having someone make these so i can use new screws in all rebuilds.this will be my new quest.

we will be super thankful if you do. all oher screws are already being provided by walleva and linegear... if you can replicate penny screws it will be good. if you can replicate the metal washers inside too, that will be amazing!

i will be home this weekend though with access to calipers and thread gauges. and a penny

Username Hidden said:
I was looking at the Linegear site and they list all the screws as 2-56. From looking at the dimensions the Romeo 1 screw might have the correct length.

T6 SCREWS - T6 Screw for ROMEO1 - **LINEGEAR** Oakley Custom Replacement Lens shop.

The head might be a little larger and there is no shoulder but it might be workable. You have a R1, right? Try looking a the orbital screws and compare.

haha my R1 is far far away in Perth. but IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY it was too long?and also we need that unthreaded section..

Username Hidden said:
haha my R1 is far far away in Perth. but IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY it was too long?and also we need that unthreaded section..

I was thinking that you could epoxy the threaded portion which needs to be smooth and chuck it into a Dremel and use it as a lathe with a file and machine the thing to the correct diameter. As for the screw being too long, use the Dremel and a fiberglass cutoff wheel. But don't use the cutoff wheel to cut, use it as a grinder and slowly grind away the excess length.

Username Hidden said:
I was thinking that you could epoxy the threaded portion which needs to be smooth and chuck it into a Dremel and use it as a lathe with a file and machine the thing to the correct diameter. As for the screw being too long, use the Dremel and a fiberglass cutoff wheel. But don't use the cutoff wheel to cut, use it as a grinder and slowly grind away the excess length.

yeah not out of the question there MR. i also think that once you grind back the head of the normal screw, you;d get somethign pretty close tot he pennys screw head. its worth considering.

Latest Posts

Back