• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PENNY Hinge Screws/..

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
all of this stuff is available,im sure oakley engineers used off the shelf hardware instead of making special runs of harware.between all of out there we will find what we need...whos gonna find it first and dominate the market?

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
yeah not out of the question there MR. i also think that once you grind back the head of the normal screw, you;d get somethign pretty close tot he pennys screw head. its worth considering.

Chance 'em. At least you can use the Pennys again. Even if you don't create a shoulder. I would think as long as you are careful the arm shouldn't be cut by the threads.

Good luck!

i agree,Ti is much harder than stainless,you wont wear the frames,youll wear the screw out in 10 years

I have tried with my contacts and no dice

problems with Oakley screws are the head dimensions for one, and the soft materials used. they are terribly hard to find a suitable replacement

Is it possible to call Oakley and see if they have any info on the part number, where they got it from, etc? This would be helpful with all the screws in the X-Metal line.

yeah we really need someone inside HQ to dig it up

Username Hidden said:
yeah we really need someone inside HQ to dig it up
The screws aren't proprietary right?

Username Hidden said:
The screws aren't proprietary right?

i was actually under the impression they WERE. hmm.

MaukaRunner said:
Is this it? 2-56 x 1/4 Socket Head Torx® Drive 18-8 Stainless

And a whole bunch more:

Torx Screws and Torx Fasteners

looks like the right general shape, i dont know what all that sizing stuff is though?

Back