• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny Nose Bridge Repair Help

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
I may be getting some pennys from a friend. He is not much of a collector and has been wearing his Pennys for years. He says the lenses have normal wear and tear, and the frame is perfect...but he says the nose bridge is pretty loose. I had him call Oakley before the holidays and asked about a tune-up. Oakley said they no longer do tune-ups for the Penny. Is this a matter of talking to the right person from the warranty department or is he out of luck? I'd really like to get these but not sure if they're worth it if they can't be fixed. Also, any customizers here able to tighten the flex couplers? Thanks in advance!

I've wondered how to tighten them up yourself. Seriously, there must be a way. It's not like there would be some super secret unknown tool that they use at the Oakley repair place to do it. Maybe if you get them dirt cheap you could tinker around with them and figure out how it's done? Who knows, if you work it out, you could start up your own "tune-up" service for all us guys!! (at a discounted price of course!) :biggrin:

I think Oakley uses a special press to get the pins out ( I could be wrong) I think Read that somewhere, I wouldnt dare try anything yourself IMO too much at stake!

Yea I wouldn't try to do it myself either...but if it is a certain tool they use it couldn't be anything different than the Juliet? My friend said that Oakley Warranty states they cannot tune up Pennys anymore...just doesn't make sense if it just means tightening that nose bridge area.

They no longer have the flex couplers for the penny, which are different than the Juliet.

So I just got off the phone with Oakley Warranty. This is the 3rd time I am calling about a Penny tune up, and 3rd time is a charm! I spoke to a "Sara" and she says they still do service the Penny, but cannot replace the nose rubbers. I told her that I spoke to 2 other people who told me they couldn't help me and she said as far as she knows they still service them. She sent me the application and everything, so it looks like it's just a matter of getting them from my friend and sending them in! Hope this helps anyone else out here in the US trying to get theirs tuned up. BRiP thanks for your help and if this doesn't work out I will be contacting you still :)

Back