• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Penny V Juliet

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
Can someone tell me how the Penny's fit as opposed to the Juliet's? For me Juliet's are a good fit though slightly tight for extended periods of time. Are the Penny's any wider/larger? And what's a fair price for an x-metal pair?

If the Penny is not larger would something like the x-squared or Romeo 1 be better?

The Penny is the smallest and tightest fit of the xmetals. If you have comfort issues with the Juliet then you should be looking at the XX or Romeo 1 or 2, or X Squared.

It really depends on a lot. The Juliets could have 50 T-Shox and big nose bombs and feel tight. They could have 15's and small bombs and feel loose. How are yours set-up?
I picked up a pair of Craters for Dyer and the seller had stated that he was selling because they didn't fit his big head.
When I picked them up his head was massive, as advertised, but the T-shox were 50's and installed backwards to boot. At the tips of the ear stems there was maybe a 4" spread and I never would have imagined that T-shox could go in backwards..
His were jacked up, are yours? That's part what makes the X Metals unique- that they can be dialed in. Or jacked up.
The Penny is considerably smaller but to me rides a little looser due to the spring hinges.
If your issue is with lens coverage then you might want to try the XX, XS, and R1 or 2 as recommended.

I will check my setup when I get a chance. My problem is more along the lines of tightness where the stems end with the Juliet's. they aren't bad but get a little uncomfortable after extended periods of wear.

The Penny is the smallest and tightest fit of the xmetals. If you have comfort issues with the Juliet then you should be looking at the XX or Romeo 1 or 2, or X Squared.

have you made sure you arent running #25 tshocks? downsize to #15s if they are.

the penny is the smallest looking, but because its spring hinged, its not the tightest. IMO the Mars is the tightest; all things being equal (my standard setup is #15 tshocks and large nosebombs). I actually have to cut the #15's in half to use in my Mars.

All this is assuming you have an intact flex coupler as well, since that plays a huge part.

If your juliets are brand spanking new, give it some time, and it'll accommodate your head. if its a persistent problem, go with an XX or romeo.

Like BriP said. They Penny runs smaller. Too small for me personally to wear. I like the looks of the Penny, but don't wear mine. I wear the Juliets because of the better coverage. The #15 tshocks are MUCH better for comfort. Also, you have to give them a little time to work to the shape of your face. Eventually they will work themselves in.

I will check my setup when I get a chance. My problem is more along the lines of tightness where the stems end with the Juliet's. they aren't bad but get a little uncomfortable after extended periods of wear.

If the termination point of the ear stems is an issue with Juliets it will definitely be with the XS since they are shorter on the XS.
Actually you'll have the same issue with the whole XM family since the ear stems are interchangeable (with the exception of the XS).

Back