• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People Are Strange

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
. . . . by Herbsley & the Bunnymen.

People are strange
When they're on Ebay
Watching your items
And don't fking buy

Make you waste money
Re-listing items
Then they'll watch again
Cos they're strange

When they're stra-ange
Ebay won't tell you their name
When they're strange

People are strange
When they're on Ebay
Watch but no buying
Even your Buy It Nows

What is the point
Of continually watching
It p155es me off
You idiots. Get a life

When they're stra-ange
When they're strange
Ebay won't tell you their name.

When they're . . . .
Straaaaange.

Now I wanna watch your items!!!! nice tune, sounds familiar.

People are strange
when Im watchin on ebay
but Im not buyin cause
their prices are to fkin high

People are strange...
they think they have gold
but there are 10 more posted
for half the price

Maybe its me
Maybe Im bored
just waiting to see
if a sucker really buys

when there strange
they just keep posting
over and over
and no one buys....

Sorry herbs... the post just left itself open for rebuttal. Im sure this is the song some sing when looking at some of my stuff.

Haha. Nice.

I don't often vent. But hey. :smile:

Ebay used to be for bargains mate. And some still crop up.
But, ya know, stuff still sells for what they're worth.
Now someone buy my fking carbon forks. Lool.

People are strange
I've said in my listing
Make me an offer
You're creeping me out

Lool.
Borne from frustration at people who clearly see the words "make me an offer" and think "hmmm no I'd rather watch and do nothing at all. That'll help all concerned".
Sigh.

I sometimes watch just to see what my stuff is worth...lol

But I buy if I think its a deal compared to what I paid in the hopes of hedging my purchase prices.

I watch items that I'm selling/planning to sell to see what they sell for so I can gauge interest/potential selling price for mine. I also only list items on free listing weekends, which is virtually every two weeks at the moment.

The market is strange right now. I had a pair of Smog Tortoise Frogskins that I had been re-listing for months on end with no luck, and then about 3 weeks ago had a bidding war on it and it went way above what I was asking for it less than a month ago. It's just a waiting game really, someone will buy at some point. The most frustrating thing is having 'offers' and then people really low-balling you. It's ridiculous behaviour. The same as the constant stream of emails after an auction closes without selling from people low balling you because it didn't sell, like they're doing you a favour! Honestly, I don't undertsand how people think it's OK to behave like that because you're a private seller, but they'd never dream of going in to a shop and saying "I see you're about to close and haven't sold this top, I'll give you half price for it now".

I do know, because one of the perennial watchers I have emailed me to tell me, that some watchers keep watching in the hopes that one day the price will be cut/it will have a low starting price and then they'll bid. Some watchers are waiting for you to break. **** 'em I say, I'll never crack!

I watch items that I'm selling/planning to sell to see what they sell for so I can gauge interest/potential selling price for mine. I also only list items on free listing weekends, which is virtually every two weeks at the moment.

The market is strange right now. I had a pair of Smog Tortoise Frogskins that I had been re-listing for months on end with no luck, and then about 3 weeks ago had a bidding war on it and it went way above what I was asking for it less than a month ago. It's just a waiting game really, someone will buy at some point. The most frustrating thing is having 'offers' and then people really low-balling you. It's ridiculous behaviour. The same as the constant stream of emails after an auction closes without selling from people low balling you because it didn't sell, like they're doing you a favour! Honestly, I don't undertsand how people think it's OK to behave like that because you're a private seller, but they'd never dream of going in to a shop and saying "I see you're about to close and haven't sold this top, I'll give you half price for it now".

I do know, because one of the perennial watchers I have emailed me to tell me, that some watchers keep watching in the hopes that one day the price will be cut/it will have a low starting price and then they'll bid. Some watchers are waiting for you to break. **** 'em I say, I'll never crack!
Love your last line in this jk, made me chuckle, don't give into the tight arses I say, well that is until it's me doing the watching & bidding:wink:

I'm the same. I've watched items show up 2-3 times before they get any bids on them. When they do cell they always seam get get more than one bid. Like Hebs says "People are strange"

Latest Posts

Back