• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People With Multiple Lens Arrays - How Do You Store The Spares?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I have a growing number of M Frame lenses, and only two array cases for storage. If you know the cases I'm talking about you'll know they're good for the frames with a lens installed plus two more.

The trouble is putting the Heater lens in there, the extra size and curve forces me to put the single lens in the frame in the center of the 3 positions, and the dividers get pushed to no longer allow an additional lens.

This can be an issue, so I normally just leave the one Heater frame/lens in one case, and cram all of my Strike lenses (five of them) and second frame into the second case.

But now I want to buy more Heater lenses (since I love them so). I have nowhere to put them besides the shelf in a cupboard.

Does anyone have one of the giant M-Frame Pro cases that has storage for several lenses, nose pieces, ear socks, etc? Do those work with the Heater cut without eliminating most of the storage space?

Storing them in a safe place is fine, until I go somewhere and I want an array with me.

When I go to the range I generally pack up my bag with ammo, tools, supplies, and a case with a set of M-Frames and clear, VR28, and grey Strike lenses. But we all know grey is **** in bright sunlight, and my black iridium polarized are Heaters, so they don't play well with the other lenses and I'd need to pack 2 cases.

If the big case works I can truck around a LOT more lenses, and have them all in one spot for moving, travel, etc.

I have 2 of those. One is the SI with the drain hole and looser dividers. These don't work with multiple Heater lenses though. I doubt you could store an XL Blade Radar with a spare lens as well.

This is the one for the Pro. It will hold a ton more lenses and spare rubber kits. You can take of the nose pieces and put them in the center storage spot (which is for the strap kit IIRC) and store the lenses flat against each other pretty easily. One of my friends in high school shot competitively with her dad and they had one of these jam packed the one time I saw it out, but I can't recall what lenses they used. I'm guessing not the Heater.

I remember theirs being bigger though. I don't know if Oakley made a bigger case than this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Storing them in a safe place is fine, until I go somewhere and I want an array with me.

When I go to the range I generally pack up my bag with ammo, tools, supplies, and a case with a set of M-Frames and clear, VR28, and grey Strike lenses. But we all know grey is **** in bright sunlight, and my black iridium polarized are Heaters, so they don't play well with the other lenses and I'd need to pack 2 cases.

If the big case works I can truck around a LOT more lenses, and have them all in one spot for moving, travel, etc.

Oh sorry I didnt know you wanted to transport them. I thought it was for storage reasons. I have never seen the pro case in person so sorry I can not answer your question without knowing if I would be right or not.

Back