• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Photocromic And Polarised Lens, Have Sense?

ben23

Oakley Beginner
Dear Oakleyfriends, I like Oakley Co. and their sunglasses but I don't understand why they don't produce lens both photocromic and polarised!! Why?
Have sense lens that changes darkness following the light (I suppose very usefull in many different daily situations eg. driving in a sunny day crossing a tunnel..) and also filtering reflections?? I think so!
In fact other Co. do its. I really don't understand why Oakley doesn't do its too!!
What do you think?

Who else does it?

The photochromic lenses start clear, and polarized lenses can't be clear.

Also, photochromic does not work when you are inside of a car. The car windows have UV filters, the lens needs UV to activate.

Yeah, Rudy Project makes it. I've never tried it, though, just Impact X photochromic red.

I'm pretty sure demand isn't high for lenses to be both polarized and photochromic since in low light conditions glare isn't as big of an issue. Otherwise, Oakley would've made it.

Yes Ventruck, exactly. i don't understand why Oakley didn't do it instead other companies did it. Not so important like polarised?

To be honest another brand that is polarised, will not be as nice to look through, than a non polarised Oakley product!

You cant beat Oakley lenses. Only one brand has optics that are comparable to Oakley and that is Julbo. The grandfather of all outdoor sports sunglasses. Julbo do not offer the same comfort or impact resistance though.

Thank you very very much for your suggestion Wavecloud!! It's gold for me. What do you think about SI BALLISTIC M FRAME 3.0? I'd like to buy it

Latest Posts

Back