1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. IntenseImage

IntenseImage Oakley Enthusiast

I picked up a 3.0 recently and believe there should have been a panel on top covering the lights. If there was one, can someone please snap a pic of theirs so I can fab up something similar.

Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. KillerCollector

KillerCollector Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yep, there should have been one. Its just a thin black piece with vents. I actually leave mine off. When lit, it give a nice glow on your back wall. But, thats just me, Im the artsy type.

Pic request - 3.0/3.1 Mega Tower top panel - 20160826_081214.jpg

3. IntenseImage

IntenseImage Oakley Enthusiast

I do like how it lights up without the cover but figured if I did something up there I could display the O book up there since it's too big for the case display.

Pic request - 3.0/3.1 Mega Tower top panel - e07109aeaa5b2bc3a5ea6ac43c12e2fc.jpg

Thanks for the pic, if I can't get something in metal made similar I may just do a piece of black lexan with some slots drilled for airflow (upgrade to leds this weekend so heat not a concern)

KillerCollector likes this.
  4. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yep my book is on top of mine on a stand. You could make it clear with small vent holes and the light will still shine like that. Congrats on the case!

KillerCollector and IntenseImage like this.