1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

I've searched to no avail,

Looking for a picture of a Carbon Juliet/ Fire lens with orange Linegear rubber. Looking to order the rubber but i'd love to see a pair with this set up.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Here is a shot of a buddies XS with LG Orange rubber kit....Thx to @Razerwire for the pic.....

Pic request :Carbon Juliet/Fire lens with Linegear Orange rubber - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419455830.580086.jpg

Pic request :Carbon Juliet/Fire lens with Linegear Orange rubber - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419456438.203626.jpg

Last edited: 12/24/14
  3. OakleyCan

4. OakleyCan

Custom done, very pleased.

Pic request :Carbon Juliet/Fire lens with Linegear Orange rubber - uploadfromtaptalk1422984237977.jpg

ptownphil likes this.
  5. OakleyCan

Another pic

Pic request :Carbon Juliet/Fire lens with Linegear Orange rubber - uploadfromtaptalk1422984481315.jpg

6. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

those orbital gaskets look awesomely thick to show off the color. i have never had a linegear orbital be that thick.

7. OakleyCan

You just have to avoid crushing them when setting them in. When using a colored gasket its nice to leave as much exposed as possible.

Last edited: 2/4/15
  8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I caution on that one - other than color, that is the main difference between OEM and LG gaskets for those frames; the OEM ones are a hard plastic you can snug up tightly while the LG ones are the same silicone as the rest of their rubbers, and you can squish them up if you tighten too much.

But if you leave it too loose to keep them from squishing, the risk is greater - the screws might work themselves loose and fall out, then you'll have to replace them. And if the screws fall out, you might lose the gaskets, too. Not to mention lens rattle...

In my experience it's a matter of fine tuning to find the right balance, where they are snug enough to be secure but not so snug that the gaskets are squished so thin you can't really see them...

9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I second @kronin323 there - they do look to me like they need to be tightened up a bit more there, though it does vary from frame to frame.