• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked up a few things this week!

Ray Tuley Jr

Oakley Expert
Elizabeth, IN
Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-33-37.png
Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-32-50.png

Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-32-06.png

Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-31-16.png

Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-30-29.png

Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-29-18.png

Screenshots_2015-02-09-22-29-52.png

20150208_221102.jpg

20150208_221046.jpg

20150208_221038.jpg

Decided to try some vinyl carbon fiber, bought some five squared, some sideways, a pair of Shawn Murray stay strong fuel cells and popped in some Revantoptics fire lenses, a couple ofcase's for the girls glasses, not pictured I picked up a set of lenses for my girls tortoise shell fives, and bought a pair of xs' s that I am painting pink for my baby girl who will be here Wednesday, and some White earsocks for my white half jackets and my girl's pinks, bidding on a case cause my single wide is getting overloaded! Going to go to premium membership so I can post up some stuff that I want to get rid of and some stuff I want!

I've got this peeve against print/painted CF, but I can't help but give exception to the 3M vinyl. I'm using it for a crank skin, where it kinda came through for me during a chain drop. Also use the faux leather on my cell phone.

Kinda want to wrap my beater Jawbone's stems with the extra carbon I have, but I have no idea how I'd get the cut around the icon done properly.

I've got this peeve against print/painted CF, but I can't help but give exception to the 3M vinyl. I'm using it for a crank skin, where it kinda came through for me during a chain drop. Also use the faux leather on my cell phone.

Kinda want to wrap my beater Jawbone's stems with the extra carbon I have, but I have no idea how I'd get the cut around the icon done properly.
I used to do vinyl work and window tinting for a living so that has given me a few ways of experience, I would say that if you wanted to try there are a couple of ways you can do it, first of clean them up good with dawn dish soap and hot water, grab your vinyl and take a squirt bottle and mix just a drop of dawn in it and then fill with water, this gives you just a little more time and also allows you to move the vinyl around, get you a squeegee or use a credit card and wrap it in a paper towel and center your vinyl to cover your area fully, grab a hair dryer and start pushing the water from the center out even covering your icon as you get it placed as it dries use the corner Of a credit card and I have used a guitar pick to push your beveled edge down Tight using the blow dryer (or heat gun which in this case would be a little more btu's than needed, spend to much time in one place and you can burn the vinyl) but just massage and heat to give you the extra flexibility in your medium and get it stretched to your liking. At this point you should have taken your card and heated and stretch it tight around your icon, (ppoke a hole in the center of icon to give you a pressure relief) with the heat from the hairdryer you should be able to get a good line tucked in without any overlap or anything, simply take a olfa knife or a good sharp modeling knife and take your time cutting around the outer edge of your icon while making sure not to do this till after you have got your lower point in the area fully formed and water evaporated, then make your cut keeping your blade against the bottom edge of the icon and trim accordingly, now the short and less than consuming use a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave with warm water for 4 mind until it starts to boil, take you arms and put them in for a minute or two and then pop your icon off and the adhesive will stay in earpiece basic same process spritz with your Mild detergent water figure out placement and heat and apply using same process vinyl is f? to PM me E.T