• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked Up A Sample At The Vault!

mpmcgaughey

Oakley Expert
Texas
Had some time to kill today so I thought I'd check out the Vault. I looked in the display case and something enticed me when I noticed something on the stem... it said "Sample"! They were already half price and with the 25% off Friends and Family deal I didn't want to pass them up! So I walked out feeling something that I hardly ever do at our Vault...happy :eek:)

6486695433_36aab46d5a_b.jpg
Sample Matte White/OO +Red Iridium Polarized Oakley Pit Bull 01 by mpmcgaughey, on Flickr

6486701673_ec694aea8d_b.jpg
Sample Matte White/OO +Red Iridium Polarized Oakley Pit Bull 02 by mpmcgaughey, on Flickr

6486709399_edfb23c239_b.jpg
Sample Matte White/OO +Red Iridium Polarized Oakley Pit Bull 03 by mpmcgaughey, on Flickr

I'm thinking that "sample" are the frames that are made for reps to take with them when calling on customers or accounts. They are sometimes made with different colorway combos which aren't necessarily available to the public for general sale. Usually, the only way a sample can be obtained is through a rep, thus the collectability. My good friend is a eyewear rep and this is what he told me once.

I'm thinking that "sample" are the frames that are made for reps to take with them when calling on customers or accounts. They are sometimes made with different colorway combos which aren't necessarily available to the public for general sale. Usually, the only way a sample can be obtained is through a rep, thus the collectability. My good friend is a eyewear rep and this is what he told me once.

The girl at the Vault said they were kind of like prototypes :eek:)

Oh and I took some better pics of them for y'all!

sample glasses are not prototypes. . .
those are made for the reps to show the upcoming models! nothing special for a regular person but collector like to have them ;o)

i would like a pair - sweet white red combination!