• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Picked up a small cube today.

it seems like more and more the smaller private shops are no longer dealing with Oakley and have some cases they will sell. Working on another single wide now.
Pm me when you get a minute I've got a little Q and A for you sir

Sorry guys I didn't see there were more comments here. @greg I paid $225 for the case, more than I wanted but they rarely come up in this area. @pistolpetefan23 I don't remember if the place was Willy's. It was right on the corner of the main intersection that leads to the capitol building, few miles from the capital.

Sorry guys I didn't see there were more comments here. @greg I paid $225 for the case, more than I wanted but they rarely come up in this area. @pistolpetefan23 I don't remember if the place was Willy's. It was right on the corner of the main intersection that leads to the capitol building, few miles from the capital.
Yup, that was it. They went out of business last fall and I stopped in. They had a single wide X-Metal case I asked if they'd sell and they said they'd consider when their Going Out of Business sale was done. Waited a couple weeks and they called me so I went over there (my office is a couple miles away towards the Capitol). Del (the owner, nice guy) pulls out several eBay printouts and says they need to get $600 or something for it. I wasn't looking to pay close to that, and he wouldn't sell the stands in the case separately. He said they had the cube as well and showed it to me, and it was a decent price, but wouldn't really do me any good as it wouldn't hold my whole 12-15 collection and I don't have a signature piece to show off so I passed.

They also had a Smith Sunglasses case listed on their CL ad for 3 months or so, which I tried to buy as outlined here: Would It Be Blasphemous? | Oakley Forum

yeah that assistant you talk about got kind of foolish on her prices. Someone here asked about the lenses and rubber kits and when I asked she started talking about tax, paypal fees, shipping fees. I am glad she didn't try to charge me tax when I bought the case. They did have some lance armstrong poster for sale. $300 for one in a metal frame and $600 for one unframed but signed but both in very bad condition. She did try to use Ebay as a price reference for me too.

yeah that assistant you talk about got kind of foolish on her prices. Someone here asked about the lenses and rubber kits and when I asked she started talking about tax, paypal fees, shipping fees. I am glad she didn't try to charge me tax when I bought the case. They did have some lance armstrong poster for sale. $300 for one in a metal frame and $600 for one unframed but signed but both in very bad condition. She did try to use Ebay as a price reference for me too.
is she crazy with lance the lance stuff! i would not hang any of that stuff around my house or even own any of his stuff ,he makes oakley look bad and the athleats that represent oakley. nice find though, gonna get 1 this year hopefully .

Latest Posts

Back