1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ok here is the deal, I am in need of pics of the minute machine with the case back off. Why do you ask? I just had my carbon blade serviced with a battery and cleaning. I personally have never taken the back off of it but I was totally surprised that there really is nothing in it but a cheap Swiss plastic case movement! I have seen better movements in a Seiko. I am planning to buy a minute machine, as I was holding off until the last minute, (no pun intended) but I want to see if they use the same movement in them also. I think a majority of there "art work" goes into the case and band, totally forgetting about whats inside....

I love the minute machine look, but I wont spend the money if the movement is just like the blade......

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah a couple of us had this discussion awhile back.. alot of the Oakley watches are way overpriced for what they actually are inside. but im sure the MM has quality internals

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

At least its easy to take the caseback off the MM, with just a micro screwdriver.... Hopefully someone will post up a pic....

4. Oakley413

Oakley413 Oakley Beginner

Just be careful when you take the back off the MM because there is a gasket in there that could get damaged and also I have heard that if you open the case, it breaks that seal and that voids your warranty.

On Oakley, it says that the MM has a "Swiss Made, gold plated, 13-jewel quartz movement"

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

just gun for a TB2, you can see the 100% mechanical internals in all their glory thru that sapphire window

6. Oakley413

Oakley413 Oakley Beginner

Or go big and get the FMJ....

HAHAHA