• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pineapple Willy Mars X leather

What exactly do you mean when you say you peened them over?
I understand there is a pin.so I peeled the leather back on the back and took a drift punch and gave it a couple taps in hopes for it to tighten. Didn't want distroy the glasses so I figured I would ask someone about removing the pins before I attempt the un attempted. Not looking forward to this

ok heres my take on this problem,
pins don't just get loose.... its typically the rubber that goes bad inside the nose bridge and a lot of people think that the pins control tension.did you roll over the pins from the front or the back?

ok heres my take on this problem,
pins don't just get loose.... its typically the rubber that goes bad inside the nose bridge and a lot of people think that the pins control tension.did you roll over the pins from the front or the back?
Ok didn't know there was rubber inside. I just assumed (bad word!) That is was the pins didn't peen the pin over.just made a couple strikes to the backside of the pin.

Ok didn't know there was rubber inside. I just assumed (bad word!) That is was the pins didn't peen the pin over.just made a couple strikes to the backside of the pin.
Yeah, you need a tune up man. You need the rubber replaced between the orbitals and the nose bridge. If possible I recommend you send to the x-man. He's awesome and will do them correct. You can try to do it yourself but if a pin gets off alignment and you strike it you could destroy the nose bridge. Best to pay a few bucks and have it done correctly in my opinion. Good luck!

Yeah, you need a tune up man. You need the rubber replaced between the orbitals and the nose bridge. If possible I recommend you send to the x-man. He's awesome and will do them correct. You can try to do it yourself but if a pin gets off alignment and you strike it you could destroy the nose bridge. Best to pay a few bucks and have it done correctly in my opinion. Good luck!
Ok is he quaified to do the leather?

As Frank said above, check out his website; not sure he does leather. To my knowledge very few people hassle with the leather wrapping. Do a forum search, you will see some have done it in the past...

I understand there is a pin.so I peeled the leather back on the back and took a drift punch and gave it a couple taps in hopes for it to tighten. Didn't want distroy the glasses so I figured I would ask someone about removing the pins before I attempt the un attempted. Not looking forward to this

could you post some pics of how the leather is fixed to the frame, please? is it glued as well as stitched? what about the leather around the temples? thanks.

Latest Posts

Back