• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1 - (TURNS OUT IS A FAKE) FYI THREAD

thanks for the insight! should help getting a "real' pair. or buying from people in here.. looks way more promising!

thx!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Great thread guys . . .
Now as an oakley newbie i can said, with the information from this thread, to some ebay pb1: thats fakes !

What you thing about these PB1 ?
I write the seller that i need more pics !

I answer an add on Craiglist for a PB1 at a good price but when I checked it out it was a bad replica of the PB1. I told the seller it was fake but he claims that they are the real thing. I sure learned a lot from this forum to tell the difference.

I don't want to comment on an specific pair on this thread, but there is good information in here for the most part. I will add a big however

Unfortunately, there are a lot of unauthorized Pit Boss models out there. I say unauthorized and not fake for one simple reason, it is impossible to tell there difference. I've seen two pairs side by side whilst out in China. I would hazard a guess a small but significant proportion of PB's are what most would consider 'fake', but again, I won't use that word for the reason and simple fact they are simply 100% genuine copies that have slipped through the supply chain and official channels.

PB II are probably my favourite glasses right now, I have 3 pairs, I even worked for the company for almost 7 years and I bet at least one of those pairs I've picked up in that time are what some would consider using the word "fake" for. I simply don't know which ones, you can't even tell from the retailers legitimacy or feedback. Once you get through a couple of people in the supply chain it is very difficult to decipher the original source.

So I noticed something on my PB Trons that may also help verify an original. At first I thought it was a clean scratch mark during inspection but I noticed a matching mark. While I don't think it's impossible to replicate, it is a very fine detail that may not be bothered to be copied... It's on the inner arm of both sides. Have a look and confirm.

photo1_zpsfbb4c0b8.jpg

photo2_zps67fdf836.jpg

Last edited:
Back