• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1 Vs Pit Boss 2

First-congrats on your new PBII they are incredible pieces and I'm envious of your collection ;)

Second to answer the question posed later, the PB1 is the better piece to my eye; its the better piece in terms of construction-notice how they got rid of the tight clearances at the earstem and orbital joint? That was a really nice thing about the PB1 in that you could tell the effort that went into that and it was so cool the way it joined perfectly. Now there's a gap there. I've said it before, I'll say it again-the Elite Icon made that piece. Not because of being Elite, I don't care-because it in and of itself is a work of art and it integrates well into the piece. I don't like the arc on the earstems now-to me its like they bow out and then come back in; that might be good for large heads but I would think (guessing from eying it not experience) that looks goofy on medium and smaller heads. I have heard people complain of comfort issues-I logged well over 1000 hours wearing a PBI the last few years and I have had NO discomfort; actually the most comfortable glasses I've ever worn by a mile. Clearly I'm biased.

Congrats on your pickup. When I first saw the PB2 I was not impressed. Not just because of the elite icon but also because I just thought the PB1 simply looked better. However, the PB2 have grown on me a lot especially after having the chance to see them in person. They have everything that most people felt the PB1 lacked minus the icon of course. I'm hoping to have myself a pair soon but am also curious as to what if any special editions they come out with.

First-congrats on your new PBII they are incredible pieces and I'm envious of your collection ;)

Second to answer the question posed later, the PB1 is the better piece to my eye; its the better piece in terms of construction-notice how they got rid of the tight clearances at the earstem and orbital joint? That was a really nice thing about the PB1 in that you could tell the effort that went into that and it was so cool the way it joined perfectly. Now there's a gap there. I've said it before, I'll say it again-the Elite Icon made that piece. Not because of being Elite, I don't care-because it in and of itself is a work of art and it integrates well into the piece. I don't like the arc on the earstems now-to me its like they bow out and then come back in; that might be good for large heads but I would think (guessing from eying it not experience) that looks goofy on medium and smaller heads. I have heard people complain of comfort issues-I logged well over 1000 hours wearing a PBI the last few years and I have had NO discomfort; actually the most comfortable glasses I've ever worn by a mile. Clearly I'm biased.

Hi, i was wondering how does the PitBoss hold up with age & wear? comparing with x-metal.
$600 pair; i would like it to be as durable as long as possible though hehe

Well first, never pay retail for a PB. Ive owned 8 PB I over the years including one i just bought for $340 BNIB and all my others were $350-$425 except my Tron which was $500. IMO nothing about the PB I warrants over $400 and the PB II warrants less in my eyes. Now, all that aside, even at say $400 which is ballpark retail the X Metals were it depends.....yes you can probably drop a Metal and risk less damage than a PB....we dont know about the longevity of say hinges on a PB though i think the hinges on the PB are more advanced than a standard O Matter frame. some might say the Metals are indestructible etc but when you consider tune ups, earsock failures etc....maintenance costs can stack up. again, at $600 for a PB no,.$400ish and and

Just my opinion, the PB2 now without an elite icon, so sad to see that, im owned PB2 Polished Black and Matte Black, but i am decide to let them go because of that Elite icon.
But truly, the PB2 is more comfort wearing because of the rubber at earstem, but they use regular screw, looks similar with a fake PB1, i think it is a mistake, there will be easier to copy the PB2 than PB1

Just my opinion, the PB2 now without an elite icon, so sad to see that, im owned PB2 Polished Black and Matte Black, but i am decide to let them go because of that Elite icon.
But truly, the PB2 is more comfort wearing because of the rubber at earstem, but they use regular screw, looks similar with a fake PB1, i think it is a mistake, there will be easier to copy the PB2 than PB1

lets trade with your pb2 to my pb1...lol

Thank for the comparison photos. The PB2 looked like a larger frame in all your pictures except the one where you have all three on the 3 tier stand and your took the photo straight on.

Thank for the comparison photos. The PB2 looked like a larger frame in all your pictures except the one where you have all three on the 3 tier stand and your took the photo straight on.

Actually they almost look pretty similar. Thanks! :)

Latest Posts

Back