• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 1 Vs Pit Boss 2

Great to see a comparison thread here as I plan to buy a pair of Pit Boss 2 soon. This is a generally larger frame than what I am used to, but these glasses just look so sick. Sad to see the elite icon go, but I feel like you're buying these for the wrong reason if the icon is the main selling point here.

Great to see a comparison thread here as I plan to buy a pair of Pit Boss 2 soon. This is a generally larger frame than what I am used to, but these glasses just look so sick. Sad to see the elite icon go, but I feel like you're buying these for the wrong reason if the icon is the main selling point here.

My question is why introduce a frame as an Elite, produce it as an Elite... make some tweaks to make the so-called Elite even better, but then remove the Elite icon, and no longer call it Elite, but guess what...? Oh it's still the same price as the Elite version of the Pit Boss. No Dice for me... Thought I would spend the money but Oakley helped me make my mind up.

My question is why introduce a frame as an Elite, produce it as an Elite... make some tweaks to make the so-called Elite even better, but then remove the Elite icon, and no longer call it Elite, but guess what...? Oh it's still the same price as the Elite version of the Pit Boss. No Dice for me... Thought I would spend the money but Oakley helped me make my mind up.
So it's like buying an AMG Mercedes without the AMG logo? You get the performance of an AMG but no one knows it's an AMG but you, and Mercedes? I agree not having the Elite logo on $600 sunglasses is ridiculous, but I never got around to buying the original Pit Boss(I know there's ebay/craigslist/etc...). Regardless I still like the look of both. To each his own I guess. :)

Back