• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 2 Disassembled

:eek: I'd suggest you start with something less pricey like black or root beer. Or perhaps something more ugly like the ducati :p

hey No love for the Ducati?
Do you part numbers on the Punch? maybe a retailer where you got it?
Thanks for the added info
Looks like the Plates on the PB1 will come off as easy as the PB2 :D

Maybe a Video on Pushing the nubs on the plates out?

Reviving the thread to see if anyone knows how to remove the arms from either PB? When PBs are customized I assume the arms are removed to get complete treatment during the modification process.

Reviving the thread to see if anyone knows how to remove the arms from either PB? When PBs are customized I assume the arms are removed to get complete treatment during the modification process.
They are not easily removeable. There's a pin pressed in from the bottom orbital under the front plate and there's no way to press the pin back out as there's no access to it from the top. So arms have to stay on pit bosses unless you want to drill holes in the top of the orbital to get access to the hinge pin.

Sorry for reviving this thread, I had a go and removed the plates of the pb1 weeks ago using an old creditcards by wedging on top of the other. The results were great as it only left superficial marks on the frame that can still be well hidden after plate re-installation. I'll find my pics and post it here.

Last edited:
Found and attached the pictures.The superficial slight marks using this method is minor please see pics. Cheers!

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

Not sure why I didn’t find this thread before, but it would have been helpful lol. For the pit boss 1: do you just push the plates back on? Or is there something that needs to be done?

Edit: I removed the plate on my PB1 with a credit card so I could push the pin back in, it had worked its way out enough that I could see metal between the plate and frame. Plates push right back on, just need decent finger strength.

Anyway, if anyone finds this thread and wants to remove the arms:
After removing the front plates, you just tap the frame against your hand with the pin hole facing down until the pin comes out. Works on both Pit Boss 1 and 2. Not difficult, takes about 10-15 minutes per pin though. I removed the pin with my fingers once it was out far enough, didn’t want to use a tool and damage the pin.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back