• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 2 Thoughts.

350nick

Oakley Expert
Just thought I'd ask on here as I'm struggling to decide!

I can get a pair of pit boss 2 for a pretty decent price but struggling to decide whether they are worth going for or not.

Does anyone who owns a pair or who decided against them have any opinions to share?

I think they look quite cool, not as good as the original and it's a shame they dropped the elite icon. Were they just way overpriced at original rrp or are they quite special? I'm torn between wanting to try a pair or just buying another X metal (I have one juliet at moment)

Any opinions/help appreciated as I'm going round in circles with this one! I think it's more obvious with X metal where the money has gone but am I missing something with the pit boss?

I have a pb2 and love it. It's vey sturdy and comfortable. It all depends on how comfortable you fine the pair. Being able to enjoy the look and feel is everything and justifies the price you're willing to pay. I like Penny's, but looks like kids glasses on me so I don't own a pair, even though I like the way they look. Pb2 is a great pair for me, but may not be for you. It's hard to give advice on things like this because each person's opinion will vary on their taste and comfort. That's really all that matters. Go try on a pair and decide for yourself.

I'll sound kinda stupid for saying this, but if there was any higher end pair I'd use as a beater, it'd be a discounted PB2. It's a pretty sturdy build, and with the unobtanium to stay put. I don't really see it becoming as serious of a collectors item as the PB1, especially with no special editions.

Retail is definitely overpriced, though.

Everything Oakley is over priced. Once you understand that you're in much better shape.

I really liked the PB2. If you're looking to add to the collection it's a great pair. Bigger fit, similar to a Pitbull, Ten, in overall size.

For me the weight was a factor. I couldn't wear them endlessly, and it was a lot of money to leave on the shelf. I felt that I didn't enjoy them more than a $100 pair, so I sold them. Same for my Romeos and other X Metals I've owned.

Thanks for all the responses!

Think I'll stick with x metal. I'm not convinced they're a classic like the original pit boss. The price of these originally seems much too high. They do have titanium but not a huge amount.

I'm quite fancy a romeo2 or an xx....

Just an update, I ended up going for the Pit Boss 2 as I managed to negotiate a great price.

I don't regret it at all, I really like them! I honestly thought I'd end up selling them on fairly soon but I see myself keeping them now. They seem very sturdy, comfortable, with great coverage and I love the look of them.

I honestly think I like them as much as my Juliets! Still think original rrp was crazy though.

Just an update, I ended up going for the Pit Boss 2 as I managed to negotiate a great price.

I don't regret it at all, I really like them! I honestly thought I'd end up selling them on fairly soon but I see myself keeping them now. They seem very sturdy, comfortable, with great coverage and I love the look of them.

I honestly think I like them as much as my Juliets! Still think original rrp was crazy though.

I was a skeptic until I tried a pair on too. I had a Pb1, but never liked the fit and sold it. The PB2 is a winner in my book. I really don't care about the sliced onion logo on the PB1. You're right about the pricing and I wouldn't pay retail.

Latest Posts

Back