• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Pit Boss 2

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Well i feel the need to respond even though i truely hate it when people do this.

It was agreed upon that the buyer assumed any and all risk after mailing because of no insurance and a low customs declaration.
My truck was broken into and many reciepts were taken as well as tools and checks written for that days jobs i had done. I appologized for that but not much i can do there.

So in saying that, i did all i could but because i am a honest person who is being made out to be bad ill just go against our agreement and either refund your money or send another pair as soon as i can get one. Ruins my bank but being called a thief and someone who didnt help hurts me more.
I think more then one person will say i am about as helpfull a person as there is.

I to have lost things, it happens. But i accepted the blame whwn it was correctly mine. In this case it is not, but here i am making it right at my own expence.... another negative thing in the chain here lately.
Sorry,
Clark

Doesn't request insurance & asks for a lower deceleration for customs purpose i'd be inclined to think maybe customs has the package and if not then he should accept he took a chance and lost ain't no one to blame but himself and as fora refund ! .

How can one be sure that parcel/package didn't arrive !

Some people reacted to this post.
I think this is why more and more people's listings end with "shipped only to U.S. residents."

Username Hidden said:
Doesn't request insurance & asks for a lower deceleration for customs purpose i'd be inclined to think maybe customs has the package and if not then he should accept he took a chance and lost ain't no one to blame but himself and as fora refund ! .

How can one be sure that parcel/package didn't arrive !

I only ask for the receipt to have the shipping number so that i could possible try to find where is the package...if customs had the package they had been ask for me to pay but until now no communication.... as for the arrival or not of the package i ensure you that it didnt arrive... im not 15 years old or crazy to say such lies for fun...

P.S People i did not post to fight about how good or bad is a seller... just writing about my personal case... no need to attack me
Thats all for me... i cant do anythink else
Hope noone lives a same story

Take care
George

I just want to add in my great expierence with Gecko. He is an honest seller (one of the best on here) and I would not ever hesitate to do business with him. It sounds like you were trying to avoid some fees/taxes with the low declaration, and he was accomidating of your request.

REFEREE .If your looking for pb2. Send me a pm. I can get a great deal on a polish black pb2 . Just sunglasses and bag only.

Lets try and keep this thread uncluttered. At this point several people have made a few things clear. We know the forum rules and one of them is there will be no open negative discussions, seller/buyer bashing or comments which would cause a flame session. Dont think for one minute each of us has not had some shipping issue somewhere. If the buyer and seller wish to continue there discussion please do it by PM. No further comments are necessary positive or negative as each of us know sometimes where this leads too. Thanks all!!!!

Username Hidden said:
Well i feel the need to respond even though i truely hate it when people do this.

It was agreed upon that the buyer assumed any and all risk after mailing because of no insurance and a low customs declaration.
My truck was broken into and many reciepts were taken as well as tools and checks written for that days jobs i had done. I appologized for that but not much i can do there.

So in saying that, i did all i could but because i am a honest person who is being made out to be bad ill just go against our agreement and either refund your money or send another pair as soon as i can get one. Ruins my bank but being called a thief and someone who didnt help hurts me more.
I think more then one person will say i am about as helpfull a person as there is.

I to have lost things, it happens. But i accepted the blame whwn it was correctly mine. In this case it is not, but here i am making it right at my own expence.... another negative thing in the chain here lately.
Sorry,
Clark
I would have to say your reputation is intact in this forum!
That is going above and beyond...

I would like to just add my experience which was quite similar from ebay. I live in the United Arab Emirates and had ordered a pair of sunglasses from Ebay sometime Mid March '14. Now, everything went well and smooth, the seller updated me with the Tracking number and everything was going well. I had started tracking the item and a few locations came up in a couple of days. Then, suddenly, it said 'Held In US Customs For Further Inspection'. a couple of weeks passed by and the status hadn't changed. The courier service used was USPS and I did not pay insurance on these because they weren't expensive. The tracking number provided started with 'LJ' and upon checking with my local courier service, which btw is exceptionally at par when it comes to efficiency, they told me that parcels registered with 'LJ' are not trackable through their system, I would have received a receipt in my mail-box to inform me that the parcel was there. And yes, you guessed it, the USPS website tracking stopped at 'Held in US customs for further inspection'. I didn't know what to do, I checked my local post office twice and nothing wasn't successful until I asked them to personally check in their room where they kept all the delivery parcels. The man got up, went inside and came out about 2 mins later with my parcel. So don't lose hope man, I understand that you've ordered something far more expensive but you just may have to keep asking your local post office about your parcel. If they tell you its untrackable, then just ask them to check, if you have the tracking number with you still. Hope you find your parcel man.

Username Hidden said:
I would like to just add my experience which was quite similar from ebay. I live in the United Arab Emirates and had ordered a pair of sunglasses from Ebay sometime Mid March '14. Now, everything went well and smooth, the seller updated me with the Tracking number and everything was going well. I had started tracking the item and a few locations came up in a couple of days. Then, suddenly, it said 'Held In US Customs For Further Inspection'. a couple of weeks passed by and the status hadn't changed. The courier service used was USPS and I did not pay insurance on these because they weren't expensive. The tracking number provided started with 'LJ' and upon checking with my local courier service, which btw is exceptionally at par when it comes to efficiency, they told me that parcels registered with 'LJ' are not trackable through their system, I would have received a receipt in my mail-box to inform me that the parcel was there. And yes, you guessed it, the USPS website tracking stopped at 'Held in US customs for further inspection'. I didn't know what to do, I checked my local post office twice and nothing wasn't successful until I asked them to personally check in their room where they kept all the delivery parcels. The man got up, went inside and came out about 2 mins later with my parcel. So don't lose hope man, I understand that you've ordered something far more expensive but you just may have to keep asking your local post office about your parcel. If they tell you its untrackable, then just ask them to check, if you have the tracking number with you still. Hope you find your parcel man.

I had a the same problem, I bought a pair of glasses from the UK that I was able to track, It then said delivered both nothing ever came and no notice left in my mail box. So i went to the post office to ask about the package. So they asked me where the package was sent from, I said the UK then I was told to wait as the woman at the counter went back to check if they had the package. After 15 mins she came back with the package saying that if I didnt come to the post office that week they were going to send it back. So I urge you to check with your post office and ask them to personally check.

Username Hidden said:

Very good you found your parcel and your story had a happy end but its different with my package.. the seller never gave me the package number because he said he lost the receipt!! So never found it!
He said he refund or try to send another but never received something...