• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss 2's impact on PB Prices?

We can only see prices going WAY up. Desirability of the original Pit Boss should sky rocket going off previous experience.

I agree. I believe the price of the original will go up thanks to the PB2 and the fact that people may or may not like the comparison between that and the original.
There are a couple of downers with the PB2 that I notice many people have been pointing out. The very first and foremost is the lack of elite status.

I think the Pit Boss II will have no effect on the demand and value of the original, it is hard to imagine why somebody would pay hundreds of pounds for the PB 'because' there is a second version, any demand for the first release is likely to be based on rarity, a desire to get the limited editions, to have an example of any one pair, or to complete the set of six. With this concept the Indy 500 will be top, then Tron and Ducati roughly equal, then the remaining three with similar value. The original is likely to be considered more prestigious due to being an Elite product with a more appealing icon and the very elaborate packaging. If anything, the PB II could potentially be in less demand due to first model.

I think the Pit Boss II will have no effect on the demand and value of the original, it is hard to imagine why somebody would pay hundreds of pounds for the PB 'because' there is a second version, any demand for the first release is likely to be based on rarity, a desire to get the limited editions, to have an example of any one pair, or to complete the set of six. With this concept the Indy 500 will be top, then Tron and Ducati roughly equal, then the remaining three with similar value. The original is likely to be considered more prestigious due to being an Elite product with a more appealing icon and the very elaborate packaging. If anything, the PB II could potentially be in less demand due to first model.

I have to agree here. Ebay prices are probably going to skyrocket for the first bit (But that's ebay, there's always an excuse to raise prices), the release of PB2 isn't likely to increase demand for the original. However, the fact that they're discontinued will eventually drive prices up, but probably not sharply.

The point here is that unless the PB2 makes people want to buy PB1 more, the price won't increase. The perceived value might, but if the demand doesn't go up, well the price won't.

Some application of Microeconomics, someone correct me if I'm wrong haha.

Back