• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Pit boss I

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand legit, glasses not so much. Whats the rest of your collection look like?

Some people reacted to this post.
Sorry to OP but Another fake??

Username Hidden said:
Stand legit, glasses not so much. Whats the rest of your collection look like?
i thought the charging hole had a different shape, but then again i'm not an expert on stands.

Username Hidden said:
i thought the charging hole had a different shape, but then again i'm not an expert on stands.
Your right, the hole on mine are elongated. Maybe they changed the design somewhat. The rest of the stand looks spot on.

Damn... Thats 2...

If its from the same retailer, id go show him my real EASTON aluminum.

This sucks bro, I feel for ya!

Username Hidden said:
Your right, the hole on mine are elongated. Maybe they changed the design somewhat. The rest of the stand looks spot on.

Yep there are several variations of the electronics/Thump stand. Some of oval/elongated holes, while others are circular; some have a "Thump" or "Thump Pro" decal on the base while others have no decal; some have the card holder in the back while some have them removed.

I smell a rat amongst us ....

Having spoke to the OP in length, I do genuinely still believe this is not deliberate on his part.

I know exactly where these glasses are coming from in China, what I don't know is much about where he got them from in Spain.

What I do know is it's very easy to be duped with Pit Boss models, I would hazard a guess that 20-30% of all Pit Boss out there that we 'think' we own that are genuine end up being counterfeit products. Sometimes excellent 1:1 copies but counterfeit nonetheless.

FWIW these are pretty good ones (I've had my hands on the exact replicas the OP has for Pit Boss I and II) and again once in your hand it's easy to be drawn in by them and convinced they are good. If you just want to wear them everyday you will not notice much difference if any, even the lenses are superb in these which is often the giveaway. They are well 'worth' the $25 you can pick them up for from China, unfortunately that means retailers take a punt on getting away with selling them in Europe/US on mass and actually often do get away with it.

I had a hell of a job once getting a PB seller in Australia shut down on eBay a while back (despite eBay stance on VeRO) who completed flooded the market with these replicas.

Status
Not open for further replies.