• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss II owners

Bosoxyacht

I should Work at Oakley
a customer called today and said that his insurance company claimed his PB2s were fake because a magnet would not stick to the Icon.

If you own a pair of PB2s, please test your pair, and post the results.

We provided him with the proof of purchase, but I'd like to know if the insurance company is right.

With a regular magnet I could feel the force but it was not strong enough to hold its own weight. A neodymium magnet held easily but not as strong as it would stick to say a fridge. It felt like it was attracted to something inside the arm near the icon, rather than the icon itself, but I could be wrong.

Just tested mine out, PB II polished black. I was using a very strong magnet and could feel a little attraction, but it's not like the magnet would hold the entire frame on it's own. It's a fairly weak attraction, but you will notice it.

With a regular magnet I could feel the force but it was not strong enough to hold its own weight. A neodymium magnet held easily but not as strong as it would stick to say a fridge. It felt like it was attracted to something inside the arm near the icon, rather than the icon itself, but I could be wrong.

As far as being attracted to something on the inside of the arm, I don't think this is the case. I think it is the metal accent icon itself. I tested this by attempting to see if the magnet would stick to the inside of the frame, and there is absolutely no attraction. The inside of the arm shows only the titanium plate, and magnet does not stick to Ti. Hope this helps.

The neodymium magnet I tested held itself to the PBII's, but would certainly not have held the PBII's itself. Also it could definitely be the icon that the magnet is attracted to. I didn't try the inside of the arm. It just seemed to me that the magnet was note attracted to the stem side of the icon than the lens side. It was just a quick test though I could certainly be mistaken. Also just as info my pair is polished black / vr28bip from an O Vault

The neodymium magnet I tested held itself to the PBII's, but would certainly not have held the PBII's itself. Also it could definitely be the icon that the magnet is attracted to. I didn't try the inside of the arm. It just seemed to me that the magnet was note attracted to the stem side of the icon than the lens side. It was just a quick test though I could certainly be mistaken. Also just as info my pair is polished black / vr28bip from an O Vault

Mine was the same pair from a sunglass hut. Are there any pics of the pair in question? That might help.

They are matte blk/blk IR.

He has the receipt to prove his purchase, but the insurance company is questioning the authenticity.

Back