1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. pingmonster

pingmonster Oakley Beginner

Hi...
    Thinking of getting Pit Boss II...but I cannot see many choice of lenses...
    Just wondering if there is a replacement lenses for it....

regards

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Limited options, unless you go custom cut. Stick with OEM lenses, there are 3 members here that cut lenses.

3. slvrdragn69

slvrdragn69 Oakley Enthusiast

Pretty positive you can only get the 3 lens colors that were made in it. And you have to send them into Oakley in order to get the lenses last I was told. OakleyCan has a point though, you can just get a lens cut down into the pit boss 2 or you can have an optical shop order a specialty lens through Oakley RX written up as a Plano lens with no RX. I am considering doing that with my C-Six

4. pingmonster

pingmonster Oakley Beginner

Thank you for that fellows....
    Is this mean there is no similar Oakley sunglass frames that shares the lenses with Pit Boss II.
    I wonder if Oakley let me buy additional Pit Boss II lenses only when I buy Pit Boss II.

Regards

5. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Arw pit boss one and two interchangeable

6. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

There are no other lenses that are exact, only "donor" lenses that have to be precisely cut in order to fit without loosing the curvature and clarity that comes with that. The only acceptable models with that right curve are the original jawbone (non-vented) and split jacket lenses. Search the modding section and you will see lots of discussion on custom cuts.

I don't know about Oakley selling spare lenses without keeping the originals. Hopefully someone will chime in with their experience.

They have the slightest difference in size so you run the risk of them stretching the frame or not seating correctly and possibly doing damage as well.

7. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Chop can cut a PB II lens from a Big Taco lens.

8. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

+ 1... google dr. chop shop.. you could also find him in facebook and look at his "elite customs" album!