• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss II

kendall27

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
On the fence about going for these glasses and looking for any current or previous owners to weigh in with their comments.
I've seen these glasses listed for anywhere between $250 & $600. Would not spend $600 but would maybe go up to $325.
I already own Tens, 5 Squared, & Straight Jackets, and previously owned Blades & Minutes. One bummer I see is that Oakley doesn't seem to offer replacement lenses.
My intent is that I want these to be wearers, not display sitters.
So asking for opinions on whether Pit Boss II is high on the hierarchy ownership list for great, comfortable sunglasses list before I drop any cash.
Thx

I like mine, and they really do have a unique look to them unlike any other frame. They're pretty comfortable, and a large frame indeed. These are on another level from the list of glasses you mentioned that you already have. I'd say take a chance on them. If you end up not liking them, chances are you can sell them to someone else and probably not lose much, depending on what you end up paying for them.

Of all my glasses the PB2 is the best of the best. Comfort, style, aesthetics, and innovation. They are WAY more comfortable than the PB1 (albeit arguably less cool). Lens can always be custom cut and the forum is a great resource for that. Also, I think your price point is correct. Many times the vault will do BOGO so you can pick them up for around 300 new. I traded a penny frame for mine and have never regretted it.

6pm has them brand new for $240 right now. Of my 50 frames, it's my favorite non metal.

I've only really owned Monster Dog's, Straight Jacket, Fives, Gascans, Enduro.. I bought a Pit Boss 2 recently and would put them down as the best I've hand my hands on. With the caveat that the lenses are very large.. I have a medium head and at first I thought I was getting away with them, but after a couple of wears I'm beginning to realise they probably are slightly too big for me. The frame just lightly touches my cheeks. I thought that might be the case before I bought them, but I had to see. Shame are they are amazing.

What I was particularly impressed with is the feel and fit. Yes they are big frames, but surprisingly light and super comfortable. If only they did a version with slightly smaller lenses!

I'm not sure.. would be interested to hear comments on these who have seen Asian and non-Asian pairs. My understanding is that sometimes the only difference with the Asian fit is the nose pads, but sometimes the frame itself might be different?

Thank you to all those who added their comments. The input was appreciated. I ended up going for the rootbeer version since the price was right and the other colors were substantially more expensive. Anyway, when I compared the lense dimensions to the Tens, the dimensions are actually smaller so I expected these would look smaller. Surprised to find how large these glasses actually are. Regardless, they are beautifully made glasses.