• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss Vs. X Squared

foleyness

I should Work at Oakley
Dallas Texas
I'm wanting to add one of the pricier models to my collection but I can't decide between the Pit Boss and the X Squared. Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions on these two?

I'm specifically looking at the Polished/VR28 version of both.

Thanks.

Out of the two, I'd choose Pit Boss.

Don't discount the Juliet, or another older X-Metal like a Romeo or XX if you can find one.

I don't think you should discount the others I mentioned without trying them on.
It is my belief that no-one actually suits the X-Squared, and I am still yet to be proved otherwise.

I also think that, out of your two preferences, the Pit Boss carries more kudos factor (if that is at all important to you - it is to some) and just simply looks better. You also get some fierce packaging!

I would also highlight that the lens size is much larger on the Pit Boss, so eye coverage is maxed compared to the XS (and Juliet, come to think of it).

X Squared hands down, 100% no contest. In fact ANY X Metal over the Pit Boss. I'm now up to 8 Pit Bosses that I've owned and unloaded in favor of metals...there's just no contest. And I still strongly disagree with the perception that the X Squared doesn't fit a number of people....to me that all in the eye of the beholder. I'd post pictures of me wearing mine in the "do these suit me" but I don't see the purpose as I have a really good eye and by any angle the X Squared fits fine to my face with good wrap and complimentary shape to my face architecture and I don't want to hear things to the contrary that I think are totally wrong.

I also counter the "kudos" factor. Enthusiasts and casual observers alike are light years more impressed by my X Metals including the XS than they are by the Pit Boss which is looked at as just some plastic frame (which it is). Also, if you're looking at value or collectibility down the line I can guarantee any X Metal will be worth as much if not more (and probably look better if they've been worn) in 10 years than any Pit Boss except maybe the Tron (and that's only in the value catagory...you can mess up the finish on a Tron really easily).

Coverage? X Squared and Pit Boss are even on me (naturally the Pit Boss has it on the Juliet...its the smallest of the X Metals outside of the Penny)....if anything the coverage on the Pit Boss is TOO much...sweat sweat sweat sweat.

Am I biased? YES. And I'm the first to admit it. But I'm biased for a REASON---the X Metals are simply better glasses, but in the end YOU have to try them on and decide for yourself to see which works for you.