• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss With............Violet Iridium????

Okay...enough thinking about it.

I bought the pair of Split Violet lenses that were on eBay; both those and the Pit Boss should be here later next week and I can try this. Anyone have tips on sanding lenses? I want to shave a smidge off the one side to relieve the pressure on the frame. I do some pretty heavy duty detailing work on my car with various sandpaper every couple years so I'm comfortable with a sandpaper block...just wondering if a heavy grit is enough to cut through the lens material?

I used a file to trim off the extra bit on my ice split lenses for my Tron PB, it doesn't take much. You can hold one lens over the other and see where you need to file. Just take your time and it probably wouldn't hurt to put some masking tape over your violet lenses just in case you make a little slip, it only takes one to ruin the whole lens.

I used a file to trim off the extra bit on my ice split lenses for my Tron PB, it doesn't take much. You can hold one lens over the other and see where you need to file. Just take your time and it probably wouldn't hurt to put some masking tape over your violet lenses just in case you make a little slip, it only takes one to ruin the whole lens.

What kind of file did you use? And yeah...was going to totally tape off the part of the lens I want to keep with a special tape I have used to tape off car paint finishes-its designed to not damage clearcoat etc.