• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Boss!

geedawg

Oakley Expert
pulled the trigger on a set of matte black / titanium pit bosses on flea bay. have my doubts about their authenticity (they are claimed authentic with an authenticity refund guarantee), but i figure i'm well covered by eBay as well as paypal (i'm a "premium" member fwiw). seem to be a lot of canadians with selling them without the box. weird.

will post pics after i get them; here's crossing my fingers! if they're real, i'll be stoked! they look like they'd fit my face really well

I hope you have better luck than I... my wife bought a pair from one of the Canadian sellers and they were fake. They were a "good" fake, but fake nonetheless.

Oh that's no good. How did you determine that they were fakes? I'll have to look out for the same things when I get mine.

@marc2040, the ebay # is 261121223698. i wasn't planning on posting pics until i actually received the shades, but if you can tell from the listing, that would be great too.

thanks!

Oh no.
I think this is the same guy ore one more scammer we already talked about on the forum.
Indications:
- Canada
- Ontario
- New ebay account
- Also sells wallets
- And check the excluded countries for both listings

I'll be back in some minutes. Have to search the old thread.

EDIT: Here you go: Read the whole thread

the ones in the pic look real they have the rivets holding on the titanium plates. all the fakes have screws. But you never know you may have gotten luck... just look over them really good when you get them

Oh no.
I think this is the same guy ore one more scammer we already talked about on the forum.
Indications:
- Canada
- Ontario
- New ebay account
- Also sells wallets
- And check the excluded countries for both listings

I'll be back in some minutes. Have to search the old thread.

EDIT: Here you go: Read the whole thread

marc2040, I just did some digging and found that exact thread you linked. sounds very familiar. my seller's name is dave as well. crap.

i guess i have 2 options. . .talk to paypal now, or call paypal after i receive the glasses (assuming i receive anything!). i think it might be hard to call paypal now, as i have no hard evidence that anything went wrong.

what do you all think?

Sent Funky-Trixtar a PM. I think he knows what to do next.

Oh that's no good. How did you determine that they were fakes? I'll have to look out for the same things when I get mine.

@marc2040, the ebay # is 261121223698. i wasn't planning on posting pics until i actually received the shades, but if you can tell from the listing, that would be great too.

thanks!

As others have said, there were screws rather than rivets. They were also much lighter than real Pit Boss. The listing showed the real thing, but they were obviously stock pics. I didnt file a case with paypal because my buddy offered to buy them for what my wife paid, he thought they were cool enough and didnt care that they were fake LOL.

The seller that sold to my wife is no longer on ebay. I think these Canadians are all one large ring that just goes from name-to-name. I did alert ebay about them selling fakes and nothing was done.

Also, that listing looks almost identical to ours... good luck man.

Back