• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Bull Dissapoinment

I am a little confused by this revelation. You're disappointed that a pretty generic o-matter pair that you can pick up for $60NIB didn't have the same panache as an "elite" pair? Would you have been retroactively disappointed in the PB1/2 if the Pitbull fit as well?

maybe I should have compared it to my older Twenty XX. Gas Can or newer Crankcase.
To me it falls short of all of these as well

@OakleyFreak I received my Pitbull (released 2011) last week and had the chance to compare it against my old Twenty XX (rel. 2000), Jawbone (rel. 2009) and Split Jacket (released 2010).

When I held the Twenty XX, the plastic frame felt dense and sturdy, the nose bridges and orbitals felt solid. The earstems felt light but maybe the cylinder shape lend some rigidity to the stems.

As I move to the Jawbones and Split Jackets, the orbitals certainly felt less dense, there is still good rigidity and strength there, but lesser compared to the XX. The earstems were roughly rectangular cross sectional wise and it didn't felt as strong as the XX.

The Pitbull, was the least dense of the lot, or rather it felt hollow. The frame was huge, bigger than my Jawbones but it certainly felt much lighter. When I held the XX, Jawbones or Spit Jackets in my hand, I can feel the weight of both the frames and the lenses EQUALLY, but in the case of Pitbull, I can feel the weight of lenses much more than the frame.

I can see why you had that Fake Oakley feeling when you first held the Pitbull. Perhaps Oakley didn't want the big Pitbull frame to feel too heavy and uncomfortable for long hours of wear time, so reducing the density could be a solution.

Noak
You may have hit the nail on the head.
The 4 pair of Split jackets I own, are also nicer then the Pit Bull.
Glad it wasnt just me being toooo picky
There is def something different about this frame
Maybe I will get used to it over time.
But doubt I buy another pair, and this will be the first I sell when I do sell any of my collection
Thanks
Greg

Back