• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pit Bull Or Ten

chaibill

Oakley Beginner
I like the Ten in rootbeer how does the pit bull in rootbeer compare in size and lines?
desided im not crazy about the tld jupiter sq i got. I wear the custom matte js all the time so figure I'll get something else.

I have a Ten, and if you saw me being silly in another thread I've already set up the replacement for daily wear. It's a big frame that at the same time is supposed to wrap the face, so you really want to make sure it fits your face. The bottom of the orbitals finish towards your face. I had no problems doing errands and driving despite having higher cheekbones and narrow nose - I can even run around and they don't move - but longer days out where oil and sweat builds finally got to me. Little sad as I loved the sculpted arms.

The Pit Bull is a bit smaller and has Unobtanium. I've only tried it on at a store, but it surely would hold tighter. The Ten looks better imo but this would be the safer pick without sampling in person.
Numbers per Zappos:
Ten: Lens 39.5 x 59mm, Bridge 16.5 mm, Frame 155mm, Temple 132.5mm
Pit Bull: Lens: 38 x 61 mm, Bridge: 16 mm, Frame 148mm, Temple 123mm

Pause the video here and he's holding up both frames at around 3:30. Difference looks bigger than numbers imply.

The Jawbone nose is tighter. I can't do the Jawbone/Racing Jacket, but the Pitbull fit me well. Physically similar in size, but the Pitbull has a thinner orbital frame so the lens is bigger without the sunglasses as a whole being bigger.

I prefer the Ten, but it's got a very limited number of colors, so I ended up customizing the few I got.

The Ten fits me well, the Pitbull is a touch smaller but works, and the Switchlock pairs (Split Jacket, Jawbone/Racing Jacket) are both too small.

The Scalpel is a bigger size, similar to the Ten, but has unobtanium. I don't care for the look of them, but if you need the biggest pair and rubber they're worth a look.

Back