• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitboss Dilemma Help

MarcsOnFire

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

Admittedly, it's a nice dilemma to have but I feel you guys are the only ones that I can ask to help me decide.

I've already got a pair of Rootbeer Pitboss with the Tungsten Iridium and I'm thinking of getting another pair of either the Polished or Matte Black.

I can get either for pretty much the same price so that's not a factor.
I like the Polished and the Matte pretty much equally with a slight leaning more toward the polished.

The main sticking point is the lenses.

- Is the VR28 too close to the Tungsten in terms of look and feel?
- Would I be better getting the Matte with BIP then I'll have the 2 options of a nice contrast lens and the darker BIP? I'm not wanting to swap out the lenses or buy extras either so no point suggesting getting the Polished then buying the BIP! o_O
- How different in real life do the Ti plates look between the Polished and Matte frames? In some photos the Polished frame plates look really dark, almost black. Is this correct? Anyone with proper all round, side by side comparison photos would be awesome.

Any opinions or insights would be great. Any excuse to discuss Pitbosses is always good anyway.

Cheers everyone

Marc

As a lens option BIP is hard to beat. The matte black is a awesome frame too but the polished black is slightly better look wise. I say get the Tron. Its the best of both worlds lol. Honestly though I would go with the polished black. I swapped the lens out on mine but just for fun. The plates are a big differenence in color btw. The matte black is almost silver.
adyvyqej.jpg

te9u7ady.jpg

qaja2a7u.jpg

And also just to keep an option open to the Pit Boss II style it is more comfortable than the first Pit Boss not that the Pit Boss is bad in any way. And that if U can get past it not having the Elite icon and the glasses and Box

Matte black is so clean!!!! Thats my vote!!! I have kind of the reverse problem, I own a pair of pittboss2 matte black and I have to pick out what color for my second pair, I decided to get rootbeer for my second pair.

If I were you I'd probably get the polished just because there are so many replicas of the matte floating around out there.

I made a decision.......The Chilirambo_eu price was too good to pass up so decided on the Matte Black w/ BIP.

I took a wander down to the Vault in Covent Garden yesterday to try on the Pitboss II to compare plate colours and lens tints. The VR28 was too close to the Tungsten to warrant having a lens of the same tint. The BIP's however were like having my eyeballs massaged by a young lady.

I much preferred the contrast between the silver-ish plates and the Matte black frame to the darker, almost black plates and the Polished frame. I felt the Matte black pair stood out more with the silver plates and the blacker plates were too subtle and unnoticeable for my liking. I realise there may be slight differences in shades between the PB and PBII but I'm guessing they're close enough.

So, there we go, decision made. Thanks to everyone who gave their input and I now patiently look forward to receiving them before the weekend. I'll definitely be wearing them this weekend when I go see Sigur Ros at the Eden Project in Cornwall.

Thanks

Marc

Back