• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitboss II Elite Status??

i tried them on briefly at the times square store in NY. I too did like the ear stems as my major complaint on my PB 1's is that they hurt my ears when worn for to long

Remember how it is in business....especially with a huge corporation.....it's all about profits profits profits!
True. And I'm sure that it's always been like that. But it seems like under JJ, there was a reasoning that inovation would drive sales, and superior products would translate to profits. Seems like now it's all about squeezing every last drop of juice out of the turnip :mad:

True. And I'm sure that it's always been like that. But it seems like under JJ, there was a reasoning that inovation would drive sales, and superior products would translate to profits. Seems like now it's all about squeezing every last drop of juice out of the turnip :mad:

Remember what JJ said. Everything in the world can and will be made better. Under his rule, that's what it was about. Now?

It has no elite status. That's why it is garbage, amongst other reasons.
Garbage because it doesn't carry some arbitrary designation from the marketing department? Please. :rolleyes:

Well, better get used to it because the "Elite" line has been killed off and buried by Oakley. And it doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon. If Oakley had kept it alive, I'm pretty certain the PBII would have been part of it. I just don't understand the fuss about an icon. Whether an icon has facets or is an oval doesn't affect the styling of the glasses. And 99.9% of the population doesn't know that a faceted icon means "Elite" and an oval icon doesn't. Most folks just think "cool shades, bro".

I think it's time we got over the whole Elite thing and moved on.

Agree and it shows a different level amongst other oakleys
Umm...I think Frank was just being facetious.

What "different level"? Because they stick a different icon on it and the marketing suits decide to call it "Elite"? C'mon now, really. If they slapped a faceted icon on a pair of Half Jackets, called them "Half Bosses", gave you a pretty box and charged 250 bucks more for them, would that put them at a "different level", too? That's exactly what the marketing types want you to believe. I'd like to think we're smarter than that.

Or is the issue here the fact that you believe the Elite icon shows the world you have something special on your head and an oval icon means your sunnies are mainstream? Well, 99.9% percent of the world wouldn't know an Elite icon from an onion ring, so I sorta don't understand that argument, either.

The PBII is simply a second gen PB and it's still an exclusive frame. A different icon doesn't make it anything less than what it is. The fact that the Elite line was EOL'ed prevented them from keeping the old icon. I suppose they could have put a square icon on it instead of the oval but since the PB is a somewhat sportier frame, I guess they figured the oval was a better fit.