• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma and titanium frame for Juliet

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hi fellas!

Does anyone have a side by side picture of the Juliet in a plasma and titanium frame?

Is the titanium frame made of titanium, or is that just the color? Are the titanium frames lighter than the plasma frames? What frames hold up better against scratches?

Pardon my newbie questions, I only have one Juliet....and it's an X-Metal frame in the mail heading my way. Curious about the plasma and titanium frames. THANKS!!!

Harry

All X-metals are made of special titanium alloy.
Titanium color is only available as a coating, and it's similar to first gen Plasma but darker in color.

OEM finish from top to bottom:
Plasma / Fire Irid
X-Metal grey / Black Irid
Titanium / Gold Irid

Note the Juliet Titanium finish is always darker than the Romeo Titanium.

DSC_4445.jpg

They are all made out of titanium man. What you are referring to is the finish. Personally I dig that xmetal finish on those Juliets. It is just iconic to me and defines the entire line. I'm too tired to walk into the other room to snap and upload photos but I'm sure somebody will. I think you are really going to like that xmetal finish. You add Ruby lenses to it and it basically makes you Cyclops from the first x-men movie, haha. Love that combo man!

Edit: jdd32 beat me to it, nice pics and awesome examples! You know you're a baller when you can show examples of everything in R1s, haha!

They are all made out of titanium man. What you are referring to is the finish. Personally I dig that xmetal finish on those Juliets. It is just iconic to me and defines the entire line. I'm too tired to walk into the other room to snap and upload photos but I'm sure somebody will. I think you are really going to like that xmetal finish. You add Ruby lenses to it and it basically makes you Cyclops from the first x-men movie, haha. Love that combo man!

Edit: jdd32 beat me to it, nice pics and awesome examples! You know you're a baller when you can show examples of everything in R1s, haha!

Thanks. Yeah....what I have coming in the mail are Juliets and Pennys both with X-Metal frames and ruby lenses. I'll probably get an XS in the same combo...don't really like the other XM models. X-Metal frames look the best from the pics I've seen....I agree. And ruby lenses as well...ice isn't bad as well as black in some combos.

Thanks. Yeah....what I have coming in the mail are Juliets and Pennys both with X-Metal frames and ruby lenses. I'll probably get an XS in the same combo...don't really like the other XM models. X-Metal frames look the best from the pics I've seen....I agree. And ruby lenses as well...ice isn't bad as well as black in some combos.
Ice is nice! lol, I love it in the carbon frames and looks dang sweet in the plasma frames as well! All nice choices you have made man, I think you'll be happy with them! If not, can always trade them off for something else!

I only like the Penny, Juliet, and XS.

How do you know which ones you like and which ones you don't like without having tried them?

I'm not trying to be facetious; it's just that in my own experience as I collected at least one example of each x-metal frame, some I thought I'd like turns out I didn't, and some I thought I wouldn't like I ended up really liking. R2 is the best example; wasn't too hot on them before I had one, but once I got one it turned out to be an excellent frame, one of my favorites...

How do you know which ones you like and which ones you don't like without having tried them?

I'm not trying to be facetious; it's just that in my own experience as I collected at least one example of each x-metal frame, some I thought I'd like turns out I didn't, and some I thought I wouldn't like I ended up really liking. R2 is the best example; wasn't too hot on them before I had one, but once I got one it turned out to be an excellent frame, one of my favorites...
Likes the looks of them? :p

Back