• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Frame

As if my choices aren't hard enough. I just took my gold iridium polarized out and replaced them with another set of Emeralds. But the tints are so different It's almost a new color. It's nearly blue. Getting closer to that revo blue.

Ok so now what? Lighter color in plasma or into carbon? Or do I need to find another darker emerald? Uuuggggg
3etunu6a.jpg
ade2ubyn.jpg
yradesez.jpg
5yme5ema.jpg

Plasma/Ice is growing in me.... Was never much of a fan but the sheen of a nice Plasma frame.....especially 3rd Gen and newer really makes the lenses pop. But! It does the same to Emeralds..... Especially Irids.....

avypetur.jpg

Plasma/Ice is growing in me.... Was never much of a fan but the sheen of a nice Plasma frame.....especially 3rd Gen and newer really makes the lenses pop. But! It does the same to Emeralds..... Especially Irids.....

avypetur.jpg
Well what do you think of this more blue then emerald lens? It's top on one picture and the right side on other picture

While Emeralds are very nice I believe a dark frame like Carbon tones the lens down quite a bit. IMHO it does the same to Ice. Compare a Plasma/Ice to a Carbon/Ice and see which pops more. Your choice of Emerald also makes a difference wether it's Emerald Irid or just Emerald.

Yeah both my boxes are marked emerald iridium but there is definitely a difference. I wouldn't say an extreme like gen 1 ruby juliets compared today but definitely noticable. To show it isn't a lighting issue I switched them around in pic 2 and 3
4y9eraty.jpg
aguquze3.jpg
y2emagys.jpg

Back