• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Ice Juliet

BHarry

The Eclectic Collector
Northern Nevada
I took a shot on a pair that could have gone either way. Bad description (ok pics), but if they were in good shape it was a pretty good price. If they were in bad shape $200 shipped wouldn't have been the worst for a 4th gen plasma project. Well they arrived and I'd give them a 9-9.5. Tight, perfect frame other than the slightest discoloration around the nose pins (most cleaned off) and like new rubber. I can't see anything on the lenses. They were just a little dirty...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Three Juliet's now (plasma, polished, carbon) what next?!?

I took a shot on a pair that could have gone either way. Bad description (ok pics), but if they were in good shape it was a pretty good price. If they were in bad shape $200 shipped wouldn't have been the worst for a 4th gen plasma project. Well they arrived and I'd give them a 9-9.5. Tight, perfect frame other than the slightest discoloration around the nose pins (most cleaned off) and like new rubber. I can't see anything on the lenses. They were just a little dirty...
View attachment 130647 View attachment 130650 View attachment 130651 View attachment 130652
Three Juliet's now (plasma, polished, carbon) what next?!?
X Metal. Until then enjoy this one. Congrats on the pick up!

Nice pick up, glad you got them at a good price! You also have Juliet Titanium and Ti02. ;) Then you can start on Romeo's, Romeo 2's, XX's, and finally Mars and crater, and then.....

Nice pick up, glad you got them at a good price! You also have Juliet Titanium and Ti02. ;) Then you can start on Romeo's, Romeo 2's, XX's, and finally Mars and crater, and then.....
Whoa, one at a time...;)
Polished carbon is the only other one I can think of officially.
I have no models in the polished carbon or TiO2, so something in that direction... I always forget about Titanium!:headbang:

Maybe, there are a couple other (more expensive...:mad:) finishes to consider as well!
Plasma/ice 4th gen was what got me started, and @kronin323 began with the same but in polar. It's a nice combo.

There are a whole bunch of officially released finishes for Juliets:

Plasma
Polished
Carbon
X-metal
Titanium
TiO2
Brown
Polished carbon

Before someone chimes in with "Purple", that's why I chose my words carefully with "...officially released" :)

But with what you have now, I agree with @ptownphil , I would try an x-metal next.

There are a whole bunch of officially released finishes for Juliets:

Plasma
Polished
Carbon
X-metal
Titanium
TiO2
Brown
Polished carbon

But with what you have now, I agree with @ptownphil , I would try an x-metal next.

Yep - OEM x-metal should be next, if you're looking not to repeat.
The thought had crossed my mind to try for all of the Juliet's, but that is a slippery slope because of the variety and rarity of some (which I'm sure @Carrera1963 can attest to)! I had been looking to acquire one example of each frame. After that was done, I wasn't quite sure which direction to go (any new goal for you @kronin323?). I do like variety, these three Juliet's are now tied for the most of any frame in my collection. Now, it seems the goal will be just something different… Being that these took two weeks to get here, I may already have another on the way:rolleyes:!