• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet and Grey Polarized

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Continuing the grey theme, here's my latest.

A generic, 4th gen plasma (emerald) purchased recently at auction with my first set of grey polarized installed. I love the subtle contrast between the shiny metallic frame and dull, non-iridium grey. 17% transmission suits me well, a touch below my go-to Slate, but not as 'Is it night?' as black iridium or my other new friend, dark grey. Surprisingly, only a single per cent below grey itself.

Yeah, you can see my eyes at some angles but I've never understood the need to hide them. I mean, if you aren't wearing sunglasses, or if you are wearing normal glasses, there's no issue. Why do sunglasses merit layers of iridium to ensure eye contact is impossible?

Any other grey fans out there? Grey pol anyone?

Pics.

IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG

Yeah, you can see my eyes at some angles but I've never understood the need to hide them. I mean, if you aren't wearing sunglasses, or if you are wearing normal glasses, there's no issue. Why do sunglasses merit layers of iridium to ensure eye contact is impossible?

I have a wife, is that reason enough? :cool-20:

Besides, days are always bright and sunny all-year round where I live. If you want eye contacts, why would you wear sunglasses anyway?

They look very nice. I like grey polarized as well, but I only have them in black O-matter frames. I usually like my X-metals a little more flashy, but I do like these!

I have a wife, is that reason enough? :cool-20:

Besides, days are always bright and sunny all-year round where I live. If you want eye contacts, why would you wear sunglasses anyway?
That's a good reason I hadn't thought of before!

Back