• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasma Juliet's

Zax

Chicago
Hey all, quick question. Is there a difference between the Plasma color in the 1st and 2nd Gen frames? It's really hard to tell from pictures alone, but the 1st Gen seems more goldish compared to the newer ones. Maybe I'm crazy, but are they different in color? Thanks!

Btw, thanks to Joben for helping me get my first Juliet's :smile:

1st Gen is very pale... almost like bone color, matte finish... and it had finishing problems... cracking and peeling.
2nd and 3rd Gen is more like champagne gold
current Gen is more greyish with kind of satin finish

Hey all, quick question. Is there a difference between the Plasma color in the 1st and 2nd Gen frames? It's really hard to tell from pictures alone, but the 1st Gen seems more goldish compared to the newer ones. Maybe I'm crazy, but are they different in color? Thanks!

Btw, thanks to Joben for helping me get my first Juliet's :smile:

Congrats on your first pair...welcome to more addiction!

Early gens are more desirable IMO in terms of shade but the finish issues are a problem

Is there a way to prevent the peeling and such by taking good care of them?

Proper upkeep should make them last. The orbitals on my TiO2 XX are first gen plasma and I avoid touching them like the plague.

Sweet thanks. Just wondering because I may have found a CL deal on 1st gen plasma/fire...he claims the frame/lenses are in perfect condition so we'll see!

Since we are talking Plasma...is $140 a good deal for 1st gen plasma/fire w/ serial, x metal soft case, cloth, and 1999 juliet coin? He claims they have barely been worn, tight hinges, frame/lenses are perfect. I will probably look at it later this week since he is about 40 mins away.

Latest Posts

Back