• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasti Dip Coating Glasses

PlastiDip is for tools....used by our hands that have oils soz....like earlier mentioned they be fine being handled and worn....it's just the prep before application is key. But, no hurt in just trying with plastidip right away anyways....I mean it comes off fairly easy when you want it too. Or...when it wants to on a bad application lol I'd try out a easy part to test on first like the ends of the ear stems before doing a Whole dipped pair of frames to see if you like the look and such.

Side note: the dipping method I find is easier to coat smaller things....the spray alot say in craft projects can leave a uneven coat if you stop'n'go multiple times due to the nozzle getting clogged up and making the dip Splatter resulting in a uneven application. Even tho' it evens it self out on it's own and even tho' one can clean the nozzle during spraying and respray, but it still can end up being clumpy at times. I used the spray before on a costume project didn't like the results much and then tried the liquid/brush on method, liked that alot better....dipping be just fine too or better for small pieces. But I couldn't dip since it was being used on a mask lol Dipped some tools tho and they came out fine =P

Extra extra side note....the spray goes on thin (thin and evenly in a ideal world with ideal settings) and will need more than a couple coats, 4 or 5ish prolly....but dipping and brushing on it goes on thick and might get way with one coat....but I'd still do 2~

Latest Posts

Back