• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plastic Arm Washers.... Do I Need Them?

Do they give them to you to replace at home or do you always have to bring your glasses in?

It sometimes depend on the technician serving me. At times they request to see the item to replace for me. At times, i just ask for free washers, they just hand over to me. I prefer to fix it myself as precision work is done.

I prefer to do the work myself as well. I've learned by experience with many different items that getting service done at big name shops is risky. Unless they are getting commission or working for tips they couldn't careless about your item.

I prefer to do the work myself as well. I've learned by experience with many different items that getting service done at big name shops is risky. Unless they are getting commission or working for tips they couldn't careless about your item.
Totally....!

I went to 2 oakley stores today and when I asked for the washer's they had no idea what I was talking about. They thought I was asking for the gaskets or temple shocks. I'm just going to call Oakley HQ tomorrow.

Wat the.......talking about staff knowledge. Perhaps, it is just a job to them, the "need to know" knowledge on Oakley products are secondary to them. HQ Oakley needs beef up for some on this aspect else the knowledgable customers needs to spend time explaining and indirectly educating for some.

Bottomline to me is ok as long as the service quality is commendable and the willingness to hear your problem relating to Oakley products.

O stores won't have plastic washers available. That's the reason why sales staff don't have an idea of what you were talking about. You would need to send it in to oakley hq for a tune up to get the washers replaced. I doubt if they'll send you just the washers when you call them.

To be frank, years back i requested for the washers in my country and they gave me 8pcs in a small plastic zip loc. Was very glad then. You can try your luck next time when you are there. Sshh.....!

To be frank, years back i requested for the washers in my country and they gave me 8pcs in a small plastic zip loc. Was very glad then. You can try your luck next time when you are there. Sshh.....!

Well, it's obviously different how things work in your country than in this country.

I should have known it was too good to be true. Maul: I guess only the stores in Singapore offer the washers. That's a shame because I really don't want to send in my JB to be handled by the workers at oakley.

Is there anywhere I could get these washers? The washers on my JB are falling apart.

Back