• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plastic Arm Washers.... Do I Need Them?

I should have known it was too good to be true. Maul: I guess only the stores in Singapore offer the washers. That's a shame because I really don't want to send in my JB to be handled by the workers at oakley.

Is there anywhere I could get these washers? The washers on my JB are falling apart.
If they don give you just the washer, 1 trick i used: take out all the washers and just leave the screws intact. Send in for washers replacement saying the washers are torned and discarded. They provide FREE replacement on the spot. Then at home, dismantle all parts and realign yourselves for a more precise alignment. Sshh...!

Thanks for the resources but I'm more of a DIY guy than a find it and buy it guy. I'm going to experiment with a few different materials before I give up and buy the washers. $10 seems a bit expensive for little pieces of plastic. Right now I am thinking about using my old smartphone screen protector to cut the washers. I also have plenty of other plastic materials I could try....

Thanks for the resources but I'm more of a DIY guy than a find it and buy it guy. I'm going to experiment with a few different materials before I give up and buy the washers. $10 seems a bit expensive for little pieces of plastic. Right now I am thinking about using my old smartphone screen protector to cut the washers. I also have plenty of other plastic materials I could try....
My take is: don waste time and strain your eyes for a cut out from DIY material. Been there, done that. Was like you years earlier, no worth the effort. Jus pop by Oakley SC. Just cannot duplicate 8 pcs identical washers for a perfect fit. I hv used a high precision super sharp hand drammel tool from RC hobby Hudy toolset. Just cannot rim off to precise diameter to match OEM washers. Make time and make a trip down SC.

Without the washers would mean metal to metal contact and the arm may be too loose even with the screws fully turned in as i have experienced. Better to leave them in. If condition is too bad, i suggest you may walk into Oakley SC to get them replaced free. Another tip which is very CRUCIAL even the most ardent fans of Oakley do not know. There are two surface texture to a new plastic washer. Look the the new washer, one side is glossier than the opposite side. The smoother and shinier side are meant to face each other so that the rougher side are in contact with the orbital and the metal stem for grip. This way of installation will give you the smoothest sliding feel and yet minimise the plastic washer wear rate. Observe and you will get the idea and the rationale behind. Another tip: dap a tiny winy winy bit of lubricant on the shiny side before you install, do not grease on the rougher side, this will prolong the lifespan of the washer and prevent sqweaking and tearing. Good luck on replacing....!

That's some good info over here.

Really? What country are you from? Because i just called hq and they are sending me washers for free through the mail.

Well, that's good to know coz all I've gotten free from hq when calling was the ducati rubber kits for the Juliet and XS. Good to know they're sending out washers now for free. I guess I need to call them asap.

Well, that's good to know coz all I've gotten free from hq when calling was the ducati rubber kits for the Juliet and XS. Good to know they're sending out washers now for free. I guess I need to call them asap.

You always have to try dude! Oakley HQ can be surprisingly generous at times!

Back