• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Please Help Buying XX Not Sure If Its Real

Looks like the seller ended it early....And listed another with a buy it now of $440.00 Ebay #220917246204

He ended it because, i closed my eyes and paid the 300.00. The deal was i pay 300 he ends it early and its mine. hope its worth it

My X Metal (colored) XX doesn't have a serial, but the rest of them do. I think you'll be ok.

And i think $300 is a good price to pay considering they were $300-$375 depending upon what colorway you wanted.

Are you collecting them or do you plan to wear them?

You also have to keep in mind that parts for these are scarce. The nose bombs are unique to the frame. Juliet nosebombs kinda fit, but they're not perfect. Earsocks and temple shocks are the same as the Juliets.

Congrats on winning the pair!

just a collector: i now have penny, xx, juliet, and romeo 1 all in a months time. i plan on swapping the penny i have for an x squared. good thing about xx is that according to oakley they will still service them for 60+ bucks. ill post the pix here when they arrive

Just know that servicing them doesn't always mean replacing missing or damaged parts. Typically the main reason anyone sends their X Metals in for service is to tighten the flex couplers at the nose bridge and possibly replace the gaskets. They'll probably replace the rubbers for you if they're in stock, but if not, you're SOL.

Not bad for a beginning collector. You've already got 3 discontinued models. I don't see Juliets and X Squared going away for a while. There's still XS, Mars, Romeo 2, and a Half X to complete your collection of one of each metal.