1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. firestarter03

firestarter03 Oakley Beginner

Hi all,

I am going to pick up a pair of Minutes 2.0 but I really don't know what lenses to get. The choices are:

VR28 Black Iridium lens
    Gold Iridium lens
    Tungsten Iridium lens
    G30 Black Iridium lens

All in a polished black frame. Which would be best as a general use tint for walking/driving in the UK? I already have a pair of fives squared with a grey lense. I quite like the look of the G30 but will my eyes show through at 25% light transmission?

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

Personally I LOVE the VR28 Black Iridium for driving anywhere and I do a lot of it.

3. firestarter03

Cool, do your eyes show through them at all? Do they have a red tint kind of? I'm having a hard time finding some decent pics!
    It's probably between the G30 black iridium(25% light transmission) and VR28 black iridium(18% light transmission).

4. Regular_John

Regular_John Oakley Beginner

Another vote for VR28 Black Iridium. It's such a versatile lens color, great on cloudy days but still dark enough for bright sunny days as well. It does have a rose color to it, which some folks don't like, personally it's one of my favorite lens colors(I have it for a good majority of my glasses). They will go great with your black frame and no, you will not be able to see your eyes when wearing them.

5. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

Agreed you do not see your eyes through the lenses.

6. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

VR28 Black Iridium

7. UYZ

UYZ Oakley Beginner

VR28 Black Iridium by a landslide. They make the sky bluer and just makes everything more vibrant. Too bad they do not make these lens on Radars, or Flaks.

8. Regular_John

Regular_John Oakley Beginner

What lens color did you end up with?

9. firestarter03

Thanks everyone. The VR28 Black Iridium Minute 2.0 turned up yesterday - they look great, really pleased with them. Got 3 pairs of Oakley sunglasses in my collection now!

10. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

VR28 is generally referred to as the best "all around lens"