• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PM Pictures?

Not sure if it's related, but this morning I created a thread in the exchange and when I tried to upload my pics like normal, it said "your administrator has disabled this feature." I was forced to create links.

Not sure if it's related, but this morning I created a thread in the exchange and when I tried to upload my pics like normal, it said "your administrator has disabled this feature." I was forced to create links.

Thanks. Will have to look into this. Attachments are enabled on here.

Got another issue... kinda related, kinda not but didnt want to start another thread. When I post a pic on here via tapatalk it is hosted on their server. Then say later on when I want to repost the pic in another thread I use to just go back to the original and copy image location which use to be the direct tapatalk host link, now its not and its some oakleyforum link. Which quits working after a couple days like its on a random shuffle. Why cant I see the original tapatalk link in photo properties?

Got another issue... kinda related, kinda not but didnt want to start another thread. When I post a pic on here via tapatalk it is hosted on their server. Then say later on when I want to repost the pic in another thread I use to just go back to the original and copy image location which use to be the direct tapatalk host link, now its not and its some oakleyforum link. Which quits working after a couple days like its on a random shuffle. Why cant I see the original tapatalk link in photo properties?

Can you give an example? So essentially when you copy an external image link, the forum will host it locally and convert it to an attachment. The benefit of this, is it will never be deleted or get lost. But you should always be able to link to it, and it should never change. I definitely want to look into this.

Sure, I posted this pic up on Wed.... it will stay in the original thread forever... however when I copy and paste the image location here is what we get...

yhanury9-jpg.70218.jpg

See it works but here is the image location now.. http://www.oakleyforum.com/attachments/yhanury9-jpg.70218/

In a couple days this image will no longer load. Maybe

Just went back to my original example and it is working again... crap. Well it wasnt loading for me for quite a while.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/these-finally-showed-up-today.31900/page-2#post-358558

I also like to take the hosted image from tapatalk and use it over on OR, but now it links to the forum, not the original image. .

Example http://www.o-review.com/forum_detail.php?ID=1560&p=228

Thanks for looking into it. I dont know why the forum would have to change the original links to the photos.