• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Etching Question

When you order Oakley Custom and order polarized lenses with the frames it usually does not have the etching to make way for the custom etching service. As far as I know at this time, this is the only way you will get polarized lenses from Oakley without the etching.

I just picked up some lenses from a member and the POLARIZED etching is on the inside. I have never seen this before... Does anyone know when and why they did this?

I just picked up some lenses from a member and the POLARIZED etching is on the inside. I have never seen this before... Does anyone know when and why they did this?
not sure when or why but this is normal. if everything else checks out, no worries.

sorry i cant be more specific....

I notice companies selling Polarized lens on ebay much cheaper than the Original OEM Oakleys on there.
Typically I understand you get what you pay for, so just curious what is the difference between Oakleys Polarized lens and competitors Polarized?
I bought a lens from Walleva once and noticed the lens from Oakley were a little thicker. Not sure if Oakleys Polarized have better quality but it what aspects from competitors Polarized lens? I don't like to pay for "The Name" but instead "The Quality"....

So all in all, do any competitors polarized hold up to Oakleys polarized?
If any do, which competitors rank the closest to Oakley if not right on par with Oakley?
Not sure if this will help but we are trying to compile reviews of decent aftermarket lenses for people who are interested. It is early days, but we have started and there is some info there. Click on the link:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/aftermarket-lenses-revant-welleva-fuse-ikon-etc.50841/

I've seen it all, espically from the Rx side of Oakley .
Sport lenes without Oakley written on them , polarized glasses without writing, photochromic lens without the photochromic writing. But I have never seem it written on the inside.

Back