• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Etching Question

Thanks for the advice both.
I did try as suggested on the LCD display, but it only partially dimmed the lenses but not to the full extent of a blackout. I also tried looking at a natural light source, which also created a dimming effect.
It seems there's no doubt they're polarized, but I've only ever owned the etched lenses so was a bit dubious until I joined the forum and read through this thread - cheers guys!
If Oakley disagree I'll give you an update.

I notice companies selling Polarized lens on ebay much cheaper than the Original OEM Oakleys on there.
Typically I understand you get what you pay for, so just curious what is the difference between Oakleys Polarized lens and competitors Polarized?
I bought a lens from Walleva once and noticed the lens from Oakley were a little thicker. Not sure if Oakleys Polarized have better quality but it what aspects from competitors Polarized lens? I don't like to pay for "The Name" but instead "The Quality"....

So all in all, do any competitors polarized hold up to Oakleys polarized?
If any do, which competitors rank the closest to Oakley if not right on par with Oakley?

It makes all the difference. Not only in the polarization process as someone previously stated, in the impact reistance (thicker), but most importantly in the optical clarity. Someone posted a thread here showing pictures of oem vs aftermarket lens' clarity. Big difference. Eye strain is no joke, not only in terms of short term discomfort but lomg term eye health

Bumping this topic. I just got these lenses with no polarized etching. Seller claims he worked at oakley store and personally boght them from that store. So that means it wouldn’t have been from the custom shop.

I compared the lenses to an OEM ice polarized lenses. They appear to be the same base. Everything else base curve looks good and they don’t appear to be cut or ever mounted. the comparison pick with frame are non polarized ice so they look Diferent bases but that makes sense if they are polarized...

Legit?

OEM ice polarized left
745D54AC-07F3-4E6C-8CEC-4FE02C7E9561.jpeg

non polarized ice OEM in frame on left
D874ACD3-393B-4C8F-ACDD-827664DBDA72.jpeg
410F4268-476F-4EB4-903D-363C392C0F89.jpeg
8DF19C88-AC63-493E-A77B-F12472857EDC.jpeg
3DC3EB62-7600-4CA0-89EC-8C95C4C7DE02.jpeg

Back