• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Lenses Worth Extra Money?

tadwar1

Oakley Beginner
recently looking to buy a pair of oakley dispatch. I've always got polarized lenses but I'm wondering if other people think its really worth the extra money.

i honestly dont, but it depends on your use. if its for driving it can get annoying (rainbowing), but also useful (glare). If its for fishing, i say HELL YES. I borrow my gf's polarised Flaks when out fishing and its rad. kills all the glare off the surface.

out of my 40+ pairs of lenses, only i pair are polarised, and its a time capsuled juliet that im saving.

most base tints give amazing contrast, and most iridium coats can negate alot of the glare already. combine those, and youve got some real sweet lenses with amazing optics without the need for polarisation.

but again, it has its uses.

When I used to drive towards the sun to go to work and drive towards the sun to go home, the glare was so overwhelming you couldn't see what was in front of you. The polarized lenses made a huge difference. This one street I would use in the morning often was in the news because people crossing the street in the crosswalk would get hit by cars where the drivers likely didn't have polarized sunglasses if they had sunglasses at all.

Also, there's another recent thread about polarized lenses and people's recommendations.

When I used to drive towards the sun to go to work and drive towards the sun to go home, the glare was so overwhelming you couldn't see what was in front of you. The polarized lenses made a huge difference. This one street I would use in the morning often was in the news because people crossing the street in the crosswalk would get hit by cars where the drivers likely didn't have polarized sunglasses if they had sunglasses at all.

Also, there's another recent thread about polarized lenses and people's recommendations.

Same with me. The polarized sunglasses I use helps a lot with the glare. When I go home from work, when using non-polarized lenses, the sun is almost towards me and the glare is so annoying. With polarized lenses, it make a lot of difference.

I only go for polarized on my metals (becuase if I'm already spending the money I might as well shoot for polarized) or if it is the only way a certain frame that I like comes i.e polished white Fast Jackets with OORed Iridium polarized I love that color way. I explain to my customers that there is quite a difference in the lenses but as stated above, it is going to depend on your usage that will make it worth/not worth it.

Back