• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Lenses

Thanks again guys. Yeah im gonna go for the 00 red polarized and use them as my everyday lense.
Just gonna hold off til the glasses arrive. Have them ordered with regular size lenses as I much preferred them to the XL lense,but I want to see them again and make sure before I order the polarized. :)

Polarization causes distortion. When you look through a polarized lens, your eyes strain a bit, and have to work a harder to correct the distortion polarization causes. This is why some people get headaches. It's very minute, and most aren't effected by it, but it does unfortunately cause pain for some.

Can you elaborate a little on how polarized lenses cause distortion?

Can you elaborate a little on how polarized lenses cause distortion?

Polarization is a filter in the lens that absorbs glare. Glare is what your eyes naturally use to judge depth perception. So when glare is removed, is distortes your eyes sense of depth, and they have to work a bit harder to try and place objects where they naturally lie. It's usually very small, and hard to notice, but to your eyes it's a lot of work. And ofcourse, as we all know, it also distorts LCD screens, car windows, etc.

I have polarized ones and love them, don't get headaches and don't play sports other than golf in them so depth perception isn't really an issue

Latest Posts

Back