1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Shldonator

Shldonator Oakley Enthusiast

Ok, if you were going for an "upgraded" lens, would you rather have the Oakley Prizm or the Polarized?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. lee.s.b

lee.s.b Oakley Enthusiast

hi i have daily prism and they are also polarized
    they are brilliant lenses

Brett28, Bosoxyacht and Wavecloud like this.
  3. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Totally depends what you're using them for.

4. lee.s.b

just to add a bit of my personal opinion on the daily prism if hat is one of your options
    i think they are like a less rose looking VR28 polarized but with even more contrast wow factor

5. 7legion77

7legion77 Oakley Enthusiast

I work as a driver. I have a pair of black iridium polarized Badman. They are excellent for blocking out sunshine, especially here in California where we are suffering an *apocalyptic* drought and there is relentless sunshine every day even during the winter. We're lucky to get some clouds. I rarely take them off.

The weakness of polarized: whenever the sky is overcast, or in the forest, or as the sun is setting, they are way too dark and I have to strain my eyes to see anything. Maybe this is more of an issue with black iridium. So its nice to have an alternate lens to wear in shaded areas/cloudy days/indoors/late afternoons. My newest Flak Jacket 2.0 Prizm Road is excellent for this function. They are more like vision-enhancers than traditional sunglasses. The world actually looks "corrected" through Prizm. They are better than our natural eyesight. But polarized are far superior for dealing with glare.

I'd recommend getting both!

CrazyALee, Bosoxyacht and lee.s.b like this.
  6. lee.s.b

that's a more eloquent description of what i meant
    it's like enhanced vision
    i described it as turning my normal led tv into a amoled tv with hyper contrast but still with full colour

7. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Polarized, I don't see the big deal about prizm

OakleyGuru379 likes this.
  8. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Prizm is a HUGE deal if you're using them for what they're designed for. If I was playing baseball, I'd definitely get prizm and wouldn't bother with polarized as it doesn't have any advantages on the diamond.

dragonvoi likes this.
  9. lee.s.b

but all polarization mainly does is reduce glare, it;s the base tint that does the main work.with contrast etc

10. Bosoxyacht

Bosoxyacht Oakley Expert

I concur with much of what you said.

Living in the Phoenix area, I used BI or Ice polarized most of the time because it's nearly always a bright sunshine day. When the Road Prizm lenses came out I gave them a try. They aren't as dark as I would like, but I love the tint, and my perception of how dark of a lens I need has changed.

I picked up a pair of Twoface DPP, and I think that lens might be a perfect balance of light transmission, and contrast tint.

Tomorrow I'll pickup a set of DPP lenses for Flak Jackets, and test them out for road cycling in bright sunshine.